What will increase activity?

Real Deal

Talk to me again when you are in college and lets see how your opinion changes.

I just don't see it affecting our active posters that much, I still see you guys around posting, and since school has started for all of you, the activity still seems relatively similar.

• Owner

I think the problem is there aren't enough idiots here. Honestly, everyone here basically agrees with each other lol.

It's actually a legitimate argument as to why we're not flowing with activity.

Thing is, I would take what we have now, without a doubt, over having trolls and dealing with 20-page arguments over irrelevant things.

I don't think there's much you can do, really. The All-Star game is close, and so is the trade deadline...you can be sure that activity will pick up during that time.

We do get plenty of guest views from twitter...but that's it. Views are nice, but we want discussion, which is hard because they're discussing it on twitter. It's a blessing and a curse.

• Owner

Guys don't panick. it's not like we have a huge activity problem! Real Deal, the board is fine. Activity is fine but could be much higher and I agree with you on that.

I never panic. OTR will stay up, regardless. I'm not one to sell the board or just ditch it, especially when we've been running since 2005.

• Like 2

• Owner

New skin, preferably the (old) one we had before this. :dribble:

You mean the colors of the old one? The gold and black?

Because, otherwise, that old skin didn't look that great.

Plus, I just put this skin out on November 12th, just two months ago. I doubt a skin changes anything. This is probably the 100th skin we've had (feels like I put a new skin out every 3-4 months).

Ok so here are some of my ideas:

1. Try to get a mix team that could post on youtube some nice videos of theirs and put the link of OTR

2. Facebook account ( I did that and recruited over 51 active members for another forum )

3. Twitter account (post news as fast as you can with the link of the thread)

4. ASK ALL YOUR FRIENDS that follow NBA to join (everyone has to help each other out guys)

5. Affiliate MAYBE!? (just another of my suggestion)

6. Join other sports forum, become an active member while having otr link as your signature (I put it last because I don't even know if it really works)

That's what's in my head right now. Hope you like it. Rep if you do guys

1. Try to get a mix team that could post on youtube some nice videos of theirs and put the link of OTR

2. Facebook account ( I did that and recruited over 51 active members for another forum )

4. ASK ALL YOUR FRIENDS that follow NBA to join (everyone has to help each other out guys)

6. Join other sports forum, become an active member while having otr link as your signature (I put it last because I don't even know if it really works)

1) We started that a couple years back, but it didn't last. It's hard to find mixmakers that would be dedicated to the site.

2) We have a page, but it needs to be brought back to life.

3) We have a Twitter account and basketball-related topics are feeded automatically. Link

4) Yep, recruiting through word of mouth helps.

5) The thing is affiliations usually just involve exchanging links and posting other websites' links on your page. Some of them become too one-sided.

6) That can help as well.

You mean the colors of the old one? The gold and black?

Because, otherwise, that old skin didn't look that great.

Plus, I just put this skin out on November 12th, just two months ago. I doubt a skin changes anything. This is probably the 100th skin we've had (feels like I put a new skin out every 3-4 months).

I liked the whole skin in general. I don't like all the round/glossyness of this one. :unsure:

Also fan pages and groups. Add as much facebook friends as possible that follow the NBA, and post links of new threads created as well.

1) We started that a couple years back, but it didn't last. It's hard to find mixmakers that would be dedicated to the site.

2) We have a page, but it needs to be brought back to life.

3) We have a Twitter account and basketball-related topics are feeded automatically. Link

4) Yep, recruiting through word of mouth helps.

5) The thing is affiliations usually just involve exchanging links and posting other websites' links on your page. Some of them become too one-sided.

6) That can help as well.

The mixing team is still a great idea. Even ONE mix with the link might help..

I like that idea. I think we could maybe have more for college basketball than just a general forum. But, of course, we'd need a few more more college bball fans like Hutch said.

Once All-Star weekend passes, March Madness begins, and the NBA playoffs are on the way, activity will pick up. I really didn't notice a regression in activity, so I think the forum's fine.

otrfootball or whatever needs to be done lol.

Extreme Ideas

Move to vBulletin

Merge some sites struggling into this one.

Social Ideas

Have a sig for OTR Basketball in your sig on other forums with the link in the sig.

Revamp facebook page

use more than just automatic twitter feeds on twitter

OTR FOOTBALL!!!!

RD, you can still reconsider this in order to increase the activity. lol

There's plenty of other places for that. If you're really having that hard of a time, PM me. :rolleyes:

Maybe buy the domain "otrsports.com" and have all sports discussions.

I'd prefer if we kept it basketball oriented as that's what has made this community unique. Sure, making it a more "general sports" board would definitely increase activity, quality would also drop as you can see by visiting almost any other multi-sport forum.