2011 Houston Rockets - to compete or rebuild?

Dash

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Yes, I think they should continue to compete for a playoff spot. The Rockets are a way better team than their record shows and if the Rockets can stay consistant and learn to finish out games they wouldn't have such trouble competing for a spot.

2. At best I see the Rockets being no more than a 7th or 8th seed. The Spurs, Lakers, Thunder, Jazz, Mavs, and Hornets are playing very well right now and I don't see none of them falling any lower than what they are now. As for the last 2 spots even though the Nuggets have been playing decent Melo will more than likely be traded before the deadline so that will slow down Denver some and Portland has injury problems and I see them falling out of the playoff picture unless they make some kind of a trade.

3. At this moment their really isn't no face of the Houston Rockets I mean thats why Morey's trying to get Melo here right? but if I had to choose at the moment I would say Kevin Martin since he's the leading scorer.

4. I don't know this is kind of a tough one. I would love Melo to be a Rocket but do we really want to take a chance on him and he leaves us for New York in the summer and we've pretty much given Denver good talent for free. If we are to get him I hope this team finishes out strong so he will at least consider. And Melo did say early that the Rockets was a team he would sign a contract extension with if he's traded here I hope thats still the case.

Edited by htownborn

1. If they can rebuild, they should rebuild. I love guys like Scola, Battier and Brooks, but they are not going to get into the Western semi-finals or even the playoffs with this roster.

2. 7-8th seed at best. htownborn said what I wanted to say.

3. Yao is still the face of the Rockets, regardless of his health. None of the other guys are stars, Kevin Martin is a great 3rd option and a good 2nd option, but Yao was suppose to be the one bringing them to success.

4. Do it. If they have to give up Kevin Martin, Battier and Brooks/Lowry, I would still do it if Melo is willing to sign that extension. The Rockets got too many good players, not nearly enough great players.