Dallas To Add Shooter?

According to DallasBasketball, we are about to sign another free agent

I just got done talking with Donnie Nelson. It was a wide-ranging and far-reaching talk. VERY newsy. I'm sifting through my notes and there's this:

'We're working on some end-of-the-roster business. Moving out some things, nothing earth-shattering. Oh, also, we're working to bring in a shooter.''

This "shooter'' is::

1) "Not necessarily'' a shooting guard

2) Could be considered "more versatile'' a player than Matt Carroll

3) Is, it seems, presently an unrestricted FA.

my guess is tim thomas (hope not tho)

hopefully its rashad mccants or von wafer.

Agent: Thomas heading to Dallas

Source: ESPN

Free-agent forward Tim Thomas is scheduled to be in Dallas on Tuesday for a face-to-face meeting with Mavericks officials that will likely lead to a contract offer for the 12-year veteran.

No deal has been finalized, but the Mavericks have coveted Thomas as an off-the-bench shooter all summer to add some perimeter punch to their second unit.

"We're hoping to complete a deal soon," Bob Myers, Thomas' agent, told ESPN.com.

The Mavericks initially thought they were acquiring Thomas earlier this month in the four-team trade that netted Shawn Marion. The Chicago Bulls, according to sources with knowledge of the talks, had agreed to be part of the trade involving Toronto and Memphis -- with Thomas bound for Dallas -- but changed their minds and pulled out. The Bulls were replaced in that trade by Orlando and later bought out Thomas' contract when they couldn't plug him into another deal.

Uh what... same kid that said hes a die hard Portland fan repping a Orlando logo

lol now you? sheesh, thanks a lot MainEv3nt for starting this whole "you can only be a fan of 1 team" thing you all find so fascinating

in all seriousness, good for dallas ... quietly they have built into possibly a top 4 team in the west ... that team is loaded ... damn, west is going to be tough for the teams under the lakers