Fedor Emelianenko Retiring After 2nd Straight Loss?

Even though there aren't many MMA fans on here, this is a big enough deal that it deserves its own thread.

We may have just seen the greatest MMA fighter in history for the very last time tonight. Say what you want about him not going to the UFC or whatever, the man is a legend of the sport and if he does retire after this fight, it is a shame that we had to see him go out like this.

How bad was the fight? I didn't get to see it. :(

First round was pretty even. I gave it to Fedor, as well as two of the judges.

However, the 2nd round was a huge mismatch. Silva took him down in the first 5 seconds of the round, had him mounted for a good 2-3 minutes (had Fedor's back during this time as well as Fedor tried to scramble out) and you could argue that the fight could've been stopped a couple of times, but with it being Fedor, he was given every opportunity to survive, which he did. The round was a definite 10-8 in my opinion, although I think only one judge scored it like that.

Then once the round finished he went to his corner and his right eye was completely jacked up. His nose was bleeding from earlier in the fight, he had a decent cut over his right eye and that eye was also swollen completely shut. It looked worse than Koscheck's eye against GSP.

Here is a picture of his eye, although it doesn't do it justice:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mma_experts__28/ept_sports_mma_experts-606074330-1297573337.jpg?ymZnPjEDVZJpsbbv

• Owner

Funny, when I hear that phrase the first thing to come to mind is this:

http://www.bigmoeproductions.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/2nkigc9.jpg.gif

:lol:

LOL. Brock'ed.

Still one of my favorites, though...but I think he needs to go back to pro wrestling.