Vancouver Canucks = best NHL team sorrrryyyyy

Warren2ThaG

Well, I'm posting in this thread like you said I wouldn't. :lol: .

Anyways, the Flyers are a better team.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/boxscore.htm?id=2010020544

I don't know if we're the best team or not, but we're easily top-three. Both Luongo and Schneider have been fantastic all year, our scoring is dominant and Mike Gillis has done an exceptional job in bringing in both defensive and bottom-six depth. That's why we lost to Chicago last year and he went out and improved it. They show it almost every night - Luongo hasn't lost in regulation since December 5th. Over two months without a regulation loss? We've beaten pretty much every team there is to beat this year, dominated Philadelphia. Most likely will pump Boston when they come to town too (a good team coming to Vancouver on HNIC? Give me Vancouver).

I don't know. I've tried to keep myself honest in the expectations of this team, but I think if we don't at least reach the Stanley Cup it'll be a colossal disappointment. Will be a 11-point lead over Detroit when we beat Calgary in the next few minutes.

Oh, right, the first game after the Flyers had an inexplicable 8 day schedule break with a cross-continent flight mixed in? ^_^

Not saying which team is better, but I'd love to see it play out in a 7 game series.

Edited by Phightins

Oh, right, the first game after the Flyers had an inexplicable 8 day schedule break with a cross-continent flight mixed in? ^_^

Not saying which team is better, but I'd love to see it play out in a 7 game series.

True, but what I'm saying is that the Canucks are I believe 6 points up on Philadelphia after tonight and beat them 6-2, I think they are a better team right now. I'm with you though, I'd enjoy a 7-game series, especially for the Stanley Cup.

True, but what I'm saying is that the Canucks are I believe 6 points up on Philadelphia after tonight and beat them 6-2, I think they are a better team right now. I'm with you though, I'd enjoy a 7-game series, especially for the Stanley Cup.

Also keep in mind that the Canucks have 2 games in hand, and the Flyers finally have Chris Pronger back and close to 100% after missing him for a month (including the Canucks game). I know I sound like a huge homer right now but I felt like I needed to point that out. :glasses:

IDK, trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but honestly the only team that scares me significantly in the East is the Lightning. And a Flyers-Canucks SCF would be sickkk. Two deepest rosters in the league for sure. But anything can happen in the playoffs I suppose.

EDIT: The Bruins scare me a lot as well (happy ECN?). Followed by the Capitals...I feel like they will have a huge chip on their shoulders.

Edited by Phightins

Also keep in mind that the Canucks have 2 games in hand, and the Flyers finally have Chris Pronger back and close to 100% after missing him for a month (including the Canucks game). I know I sound like a huge homer right now but I felt like I needed to point that out. :glasses:

IDK, trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but honestly the only team that scares me significantly in the East is the Lightning. And a Flyers-Canucks SCF would be sickkk. Two deepest rosters in the league for sure. But anything can happen in the playoffs I suppose.

EDIT: The Bruins scare me a lot as well (happy ECN?). Followed by the Capitals...I feel like they will have a huge chip on their shoulders.

Hopefully our injuries aren't too severe to our back end. We bring in two of the most dependable guys you can have in Hamhuis and Ballard and they are both gone indefinitely right now. And Edler (our number one d-man) is likely out until the year with a back injury.

• 2 weeks later...

And the Flyers lost to the Senators. So I guess, by default, the Bruins and Senators are the best teams in the NHL. The Bruins are in some pretty solid company.

Edited by Phightins

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...