Colangelo "99% likely to be given a 5 year extension"

Source with knowledge of situation tells me 99% chance BC is re-upped, and likely for 5 years.

5 years? Way too long if you ask me.

I realize that he will inevitably be given an extension, but why on earth do you lock him up for another 5 years? What has he done to warrant that kind of extension. 3 years at the most is what he should be given as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Meh, I'm fine with it. He deserves a chance to build a team of his own rather than try and appease Chris Bosh. He hasn't been great but he hasn't been much worse than this franchise's pathetic history. Worst case we just fire him after the 3rd year, I am sick enough of hiring rookie coaches all the time, I don't want a rookie GM here too.

The only thing I would for a new GM is that the new GM wouldn't be so biased towards his golden child Andrea Bargnani, who needs to be dealt.

Edited by Check my Stats

I really don’t have a problem with extending Colangelo this long as long as the team continues to get better. My only concern at this point would be the mixture of young players that we have at this present moment it feels we have similar players playing for this team. Not only that but the talent level that the raptors have is not enough and Colangelo needs to continue to add more talented young player preferably at the PG and C spots.