What division would the current WWE stars be in during the attitude era?

Dash

Got the idea from the debate in the Raw thread. Post what division you think they would be in and then rank them in order from best to worst. Keep in mind its the attitude era.

John Cena -

Randy Orton -

The Miz -

Prime Edge -

CM Punk -

Sheamus -

Jack Swagger -

Alberto Del Rio -

Wade Barrett -

They'd all be scrubs aside from Cena.

I disagree, I think a few could have lasted in the intercontinental and European divisions and those mid-card divisions back then hardly had any scrubs.

Orton would have been cut by now (he used to suck) but present day Orton would definitely be one of those guys who was in and out of the main event. Cena would be a main player, I don't care what people say he has the look, the mic skills and that is half the battle. Rock and Stone Cold weren't great technical wrestlers either but put on exciting matches, Cena also has no one to work with. No doubt he'd put on classic matches in the attitude era with the skills he has today.

Everyone else would be a mid carder. Punk would be like Jericho, get by on his mic skills but his lack of size would kill him. No one would take Swagger serious in the attitude era but he can wrestle and is big so he might have a chance, Edge would be in the mid card, Sheamus might have a chance at the main event but it would be short lived.

We have to remember how deep the main event was. They had Taker, Angle, Triple H, Stone Cold and the Rock all in ONE hell in a cell match, that is so much star power in the main event, there just wouldn't be room. Back then you needed to be the total package, today you can get by just on mic skills like Punk or Miz. Guys like Jericho were midcarders in the AE, but would be faces of the company today.

Cena and Orton are the only legitimate superstars in the WWE right now, closest to the total package, that is why they are ALWAYS in the main event. No one else is credible enough.

Edited by Check my Stats

Let's rank em by tiers there are 6 tiers in my mind and I'll show you how they go

Tier 1 - The Rock, Stone Cold, Flair, etc...

Tier 2 - HHH, Angle, Jericho etc...

Tier 3 - Big Show, Rikishi, RVD, etc..

Tier 4 - Edge, Hardy Boyz, Acolytes, etc...

Tier 5 - D Lo Brown, Mark Henry, X Pac, Val Venis, Godfather, etc...

Tier 6 - Crash Holly, The Huricanne, Ki and Tai, etc...

John Cena - Low: 5 High: 2 - probably 2

Randy Orton - Low: 2 High: 1 - probably 2

The Miz - Tier 3, possibly Tier 2 - probably 3

Prime Edge - Low: 4 High: 2 probably 3

CM Punk - Low: 3 High: 1 probably 2

Sheamus - Low: 5 High 3 probably 3

Jack Swagger - Low 6 High 2 probably 3

Alberto Del Rio - Low 5 High 2 probably 4

Wade Barrett - Low 4 High 2 probably 3

Edited by fish7718

HHH is a tier 1 guy. Dude is one of the best ever.

Eh I disagree, I feel to be tier 1 you really have to define an era to the point where you can say 2001 - the rock or 1998 - stone cold, ya know? Triple H has always been apart of factions and never was really a dominant solo wrestler, especially in the era of rock and stone cold, and to let a guy like Cena come in and be the face of this era over him? Nah sorry Triple H is as close to tier 1 as it gets, but he just misses.

Tier 1 - The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair

Tier 2 - Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Mick Foley, Kane, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Brock Lesnar

Tier 3 - Rey Mysterio, Christian, Edge, RVD, Booker T

Tier 4 - Dudleys Boyz, X- Pac, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Goldust, William Regal

Tier 5 - Hardcore Holly, Billy Gunn, APA, Tazz, Tajiri, Test

Tier 6 - Billy Kidman, The Hurricane, Jamie Noble, Spike Dudley, Perry Saturn

John Cena - Best: 5 Worst: 4

Randy Orton - Best: 5 Worst: 4

The Miz - Best: 5 Worst: 3

Prime Edge - Best: 5 Worst: 3

CM Punk - Best: 4 Worst: 3

Sheamus - Best: 4 Worst: 3

Jack Swagger - Best: 3 Worst: 2

Alberto Del Rio - Best: 4 Worst: 3

Wade Barrett - Best: 4 Worst: 3

Eh I disagree, I feel to be tier 1 you really have to define an era to the point where you can say 2001 - the rock or 1998 - stone cold, ya know? Triple H has always been apart of factions and never was really a dominant solo wrestler, especially in the era of rock and stone cold, and to let a guy like Cena come in and be the face of this era over him? Nah sorry Triple H is as close to tier 1 as it gets, but he just misses.

You serious? Your not saying that because he banged the boss' daughter are you? Triple H is one of the GREATEST HEEL to ever perform. Look what he did when he had Evolution... He build Randy & Batista to 5 star caliber superstars. If it wasn't for HHH those two wouldn't be in the spotlight today. He was so hated in the 2000's he just knew how to work. You might not believe this but Triple H probably works as harder than anybody else. If Rock is in tier 1 then HHH should be. HHH could work in the ring, had charisma to talk on the mic, he was so hated back then and he was also big as a babyface too. Just like Triple H used always say.. HE IS THAT DAMN GOOD!!!

Edited by CaliCurbStomppa

You serious? Your not saying that because he banged the boss' daughter are you? Triple H is one of the GREATEST HEEL to ever perform. Look what he did when he had Evolution... He build Randy & Batista to 5 star caliber superstars. If it wasn't for HHH those two wouldn't be in the spotlight today. He was so hated in the 2000's he just knew how to work. You might not believe this but Triple H probably works as harder than anybody else. If Rock is in tier 1 then HHH should be. HHH could work in the ring, had charisma to talk on the mic, he was so hated back then and he was also big as a babyface too. Just like Triple H used always say.. HE IS THAT DAMN GOOD!!!

Are you kidding me? HHH's promos were so god damn boring, I hated when he got on the mic. Yeah he was funny in DX when he had people carrying but he was never successful as a solo act. It was always him and Michaels, him and Stone Cold, him and the ministry, him and the cooperation, him and vince, him and evolution. I will admit he is one of the greatest heel's ever but part of that is because he was so easy to dislike just because he could bore the [expletive] out of you. I don't think you can possibly compare Triple H to the likes of The Rock, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, etc. these men are legends. Compare the accomplishments and the popularity of The Rock and Triple H, the wrap your head around the fact that Triple H has just about doubled The Rock's service time.

Eh thinking about this more, DX really did start/define that attitude era itself, them and Austin. If you look at that way and Triple H being the coleader I guess you could place him tier 1, but it's still debatable imo.

Edited by fish7718

Triple H is a top 10 performer all time without a doubt, and one of the best heels of all time. This is a guy that could get on the mic and you hated him because he seemed like a disgusting human being, but this guy was also ruthless. Unlike a lot of cowardly heels, from 2000 onward this is a guy who could get in the ring with anyone, and I mean anyone, like Rock or Austin, and come out with a win. That is hard to say for most heels, who would spend the majority of their time getting their [expletive] kicked but getting heat because of how annoying they were. Triple H was one of a kind.

From late 99-02 Trips was putting on classics every time he got in the ring, whether it was a PPV or just a RAW main event. Not to mention Triple H created Randy Orton and Batista later on. I don't consider Triple H with Rock and Austin, because only Hogan is in that league with them. Triple H is a GOAT, he didn't have the drawing power of a Rock or Austin, but no one does, not even Hogan arguably. But he is easily one of the best ever, he was the complete package, he is right there with Shawn Michaels and them.

Saying Triple H isn't a goat because you are measuring him to Rock and Austin, is like saying Larry Bird isn't a goat because he doesn't measure up to MJ.

Edited by Check my Stats

• Owner

Tier 1 - The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair

Tier 2 - Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Mick Foley, Kane, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Brock Lesnar

Tier 3 - Rey Mysterio, Christian, Edge, RVD, Booker T

Tier 4 - Dudleys Boyz, X- Pac, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Goldust, William Regal

Tier 5 - Hardcore Holly, Billy Gunn, APA, Tazz, Tajiri, Test

Tier 6 - Billy Kidman, The Hurricane, Jamie Noble, Spike Dudley, Perry Saturn

John Cena - Best: 5 Worst: 4

Randy Orton - Best: 5 Worst: 4

The Miz - Best: 5 Worst: 3

Prime Edge - Best: 5 Worst: 3

CM Punk - Best: 4 Worst: 3

Sheamus - Best: 4 Worst: 3

Jack Swagger - Best: 3 Worst: 2

Alberto Del Rio - Best: 4 Worst: 3

Wade Barrett - Best: 4 Worst: 3

Haha, I think you need to flip yours around. Your "worst" is a higher tier than your "best" for all of your wrestlers, and basically, you're saying that Jack Swagger is the best in the business right now, and would be on the level of Angle and Jericho. ;)

Saying Triple H isn't a goat because you are measuring him to Rock and Austin, is like saying Larry Bird isn't a goat because he doesn't measure up to MJ.

Let's not compare basketball to WWE, Tier 1 is the legends tier, and I know it's unfair to compare ppl to Rock and Austin which is exactly why it's so difficult to make that tier. It is only for the Flair's and Hogan's. It's a rare tier that you only reach by being an icon.

Haha, I think you need to flip yours around. Your "worst" is a higher tier than your "best" for all of your wrestlers, and basically, you're saying that Jack Swagger is the best in the business right now, and would be on the level of Angle and Jericho. ;)

I dont really understand. I thought you mean like what is best this guy can be at level of and what is worst he can be for example like lower card? But yea no way Swagger is best in business. He is no near at level of Angle & Jericho

I dont really understand. I thought you mean like what is best this guy can be at level of and what is worst he can be for example like lower card? But yea no way Swagger is best in business. He is no near at level of Angle & Jericho

Your numbers are messed up pal read your post again

you went tier 1-6 1 being the best 6 being the worst and most of the guys listed like Cena are best 5 worst 4 which not only doesn't make sense but it means Cena wouldn't even win an intercontinental title