Favre opts to remain retired

Cobb

Source: ESPN

After nearly three months of what he described as intense and often emotional soul-searching, Brett Favre decided to remain retired from the NFL rather than become the Minnesota Vikings' starting quarterback.

Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder that the decision not to play for the Vikings was incredibly difficult, and in the process he indicated that he is unlikely to ever considering playing again in the NFL.

"It was the hardest decision I've ever made,'' Favre said. "I didn't feel like physically I could play at a level that was acceptable. I would like to thank everyone, including the Packers, Jets and Vikings -- but, most importantly, the fans."

Must suck for Vikings fan but I think it was the right decision in the end. I don't think he would've done that well if he had chosen to play.

I'm glad he didn't go to the Vikings although I think he would've done well. It's sad to see all his highlights now shown in a Jets jersey. What the [expletive] is that? He played with the Packers too, show some highlights from then! <_<