Kings Looking To Add Size In Free Agency

Free agency begins Wednesday in the NBA, and the Kings will be looking to add a big man.

Sacramento drafted Tyreke Evans, Omir Casspi and Jon Brockman in Thursday night's NBA Draft.

"I think we need to try to add some additional size up front," Kings general manager Geoff Petrie told the Sacramento Bee.

The Kings have Ike Diogu, who will be a restricted free agent in just a few days, as an option.

"We're not allowed to talk about free agents until July 1," Petrie said. "I guess we'll talk about that then."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60114/20090626/kings_looking_to_add_size_in_free_agency/

I think Sacramento is going to bring in Hedo, a gut feeling. Portland would be smart not to roll out a multi-year contract that'll handcuff them in trying to sign Roy and Oden to extensions.

We all know Petrie likes the big men that can shoot. He's gone after Hedo in the past three seasons, and just draft Omri Casspi, a guy that has drawn comparisons to Hedo Turkoglu himself. He'll overpay, but I think he gets it done.

I think Sacramento is going to bring in Hedo, a gut feeling. Portland would be smart not to roll out a multi-year contract that'll handcuff them in trying to sign Roy and Oden to extensions.

We all know Petrie likes the big men that can shoot. He's gone after Hedo in the past three seasons, and just draft Omri Casspi, a guy that has drawn comparisons to Hedo Turkoglu himself. He'll overpay, but I think he gets it done.

Why would Hedo want to play for one of the worst teams in the league in the prime of his career when he almost just won it all. Now's the time to get to a contender and get the money. I think the Suns will try and get him if they want to keep Amare.