Colangelo expecting quiet deadline

headliner

For the rebuilding Raptors, there’s no point in pulling off a deal that compromises the development of their young and emerging core, no sense in adding a big contract when so much salary flexibility has been already been created.

At the same time, if a deal presents itself that is simply too attractive to turn down, you know general manager Bryan Colangelo will do it.

But for now, don’t expect anything of any consequence.

“I will say there’s all sorts of conversation as we always do as a matter of course,’’ Colangelo relayed from Arizona on Sunday after leaving the league’s all-star weekend for a scouting trip.

“A lot of deals have been talked about, small deals that involve tweaks to the roster. I’d characterize them as opportunity-type deals.”

I don’t know if anybody feels the same way but for me if the unofficial second half of the season is about development then were talking about Demar,Ed and Bayless. I really do think the raptors needs to make a decision on guys like Reggie and Barbosa because these guys will take minutes away from these young guys and at this point and time of the season it becomes more important to let these young guys play more minutes and allow them to develop.