Hawks close to acquiring Kirk Hinrich

Dash

Alex Kennedy AlexKennedyNBA

Sources say ATL and WAS nearing deal: Kirk Hinrich & Hilton Armstrong for Mike Bibby, Mo Evans, Jordan Crawford. http://tinyurl.com/4eueqpj

Nice deal for both teams, love the Jordan Crawford pickup for the Wizards.

Edit: Wizards also pick up the Hawks first round pick.

daldridgetnt

Wiz trading Hinrich/Hilton Armstrong 2 ATL 4 Jordan Crawford, Bibby, Mo Evans, first

Edited by Dash

Really nice job from Washington with the whole Hinrich situation. They see that the Bulls want to dump salary at the draft last year and take advantage of it by getting Hinrich. They basically paid Hinrich about $5M (Bulls sent money in the deal) and in return for that got 2 1sts in last years draft (Seraphin and Crawford) as well as a 1st in this years draft. The only

Very shrewd magement on their behalf.

(I realize they still have to pay Bibby for next year, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him flipped to a contender or bought out).

I am gonna be honest with you, I really don't know whether I like this deal or not. I like that Hinrich>Bibby but Evans, Crawford, and 1st>>>>>Armstrong. We could have gotten Hinrich this summer if this is who we are wanting to start for us at the Point.

I am gonna be honest with you, I really don't know whether I like this deal or not. I like that Hinrich>Bibby but Evans, Crawford, and 1st>>>>>Armstrong. We could have gotten Hinrich this summer if this is who we are wanting to start for us at the Point.

Like I posted in the other thread, I really don't understand the first round pick being included. I understand we're terrible when it comes to drafting, but still, it seems like a good deal without the pick.

Like I posted in the other thread, I really don't understand the first round pick being included. I understand we're terrible when it comes to drafting, but still, it seems like a good deal without the pick.

Well I honestly don't believe the Wizards would accept it without the pick being included, it's what we're looking for most out of this deadline. You all had to overpay to get Hinrich because he is a significant upgrade over Bibby on both ends of the court. If they can move Jamal for some depth up front, it would improve the situation there a ton.