Cavs Taking Bids on Anthony Parker; Boston Interested

WojYahooNBA

Cavaliers are down to wire taking bids on Anthony Parker, with Boston still in the mix.

I don't know how Parker has played over the past year as I don't exactly make an effort to watch the Cavs play, but if he is still the same type of player as he was for Toronto, he would be a nice pickup for a contender who is looking for a solid defensive, shooting veteran off of the bench.

I think he would be a nice fit for the Bulls to fill their shooting guard hole, assuming he is still the same kind of player as he was in Toronto. If the Rockets insist on Asik for Lee, I don't see why they don't flip Miami's pick for Parker or something like that. He isn't as good as Lee, but he is worth more considering what they will have to give up to acquire him in comparision to Lee.

He hasn't been all that good this season but that might be mostly mental with the struggles being a bottom feeder. If they can get him on the cheap then he'd be an excellent addition.

Apperantly two Western Conference teams have emereged as darkhorses, along with the Bulls and Celtics:

KBerg_CBS:

With the Celtics and Bulls still in the hunt for Anthony Parker, source says two Western Conf. dark horses have emerged. [via Twitter]

Was from this chat:

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1504

CBS did report that the Lakers might make a small deal before the deadline. Maybe they are one of the teams? Just taking a wild guess here.

Edited by Dash

• Owner

CBS did report that the Lakers might make a small deal before the deadline. Maybe they are one of the teams? Just taking a wild guess here.

I wouldn't be surprised, because Parker is a good three-point shooter, and while he's not a monster of a defensive player, he can defend better than Walton.

However, I just don't see why we would do it unless we were trading Brown...and Brown has to give his consent to any trade we try to include him in, due to the one-year extension and Bird Rights.

I wouldn't be surprised, because Parker is a good three-point shooter, and while he's not a monster of a defensive player, he can defend better than Walton.

However, I just don't see why we would do it unless we were trading Brown...and Brown has to give his consent to any trade we try to include him in, due to the one-year extension and Bird Rights.

Vujacic trade exception + pick could get it done.