Bulls Offer Multiple Picks For Lee; Houston Insists on Asik

Jonathan_Feigen

Bulls offered multiple picks for Lee. Not budging on Asik. Only 15 minutes left to blink.

Forgive me if there is a Courtney Lee thread somewhere already. I quickly looked in both forums (Houston and Chicago) and didn't find anything.

This isn't really anything surprising, as most people already knew this, but it should be interesting to see if the Bulls cave into the Rockets demand for Asik. Do they want Lee that bad? The ball is in their court.

Bulls didn't make any trades today.

They really blew it if you ask me. Even if they didn't want to trade Asik for Lee, I don't understand why they wouldn't go after somebody like Anthony Parker, JR Smith or even Leandro Barbosa. With Boston blowing their chances of a championship, they could've really made some noise in the playoffs if they filled that gaping hole at SG. Bad decision on their part if you ask me.

• Owner

Bulls didn't make any trades today.

They really blew it if you ask me. Even if they didn't want to trade Asik for Lee, I don't understand why they wouldn't go after somebody like Anthony Parker, JR Smith or even Leandro Barbosa. With Boston blowing their chances of a championship, they could've really made some noise in the playoffs if they filled that gaping hole at SG. Bad decision on their part if you ask me.

Don't speak too soon. There are still a few trades that have been unannounced, according to a few sources. :)

Don't speak too soon. There are still a few trades that have been unannounced, according to a few sources. :)

Multiple people said that in the chat that I was getting all of my info from. It got shut down before I could post any link, though.

Should've mentioned that probably.

Nope can't trade our 3rd string, 5 mpg center to fill a Grand Canyon sized hole at shooting guard. It's a joke, this dude won't see the court come playoff time, meanwhile Keif friggin Bogans will still be in the starting lineup. FML

It is disappointing, but hey at least bogans has improved a lil bit since January and has actually been shooting good from the 3's. We can still pick up a decent sg, maybe possibly through buyout? Still a slight possible chance we made a trade, bulls just needed to have the package sent by 3pm, doesn't mean they had to publicly announce it yet. But really, its hard to find players like asik. Hes young, big, and athletic. Its much easier to find a serviceable sg. I think by next year when thomas is gone, will be happy we kept asik over trading him, imo. but hey, im just being optimistic;p

At least boston got weaker, so improves our chances to make a run.

Lee is more useful than Asik right now, but this trade still wouldn't take the Bulls over the hump and into the finals. The Bulls are smart for waiting it out, they'll have plenty of cap space and expirings to deal in the offseason. People need to stop acting like the Bulls have a one year championship window.