Tapatalk phone application installed

Real Deal

• Owner

Wali asked for it, so this is all him.

I installed Tapatalk for OTR. Basically, it's a phone app that allows you to browse OTR much easier than you could with your typical phone browser. It's similar to the IPB app I talked about a long time ago.

I have no idea how much the app costs...anywhere between $1-3. Not even sure of the details (you'll have to search for it and check it out yourselves), but I do know there are thousands of forums on the network already, and hundreds more added each week.

If you can't find OTR on the Tapatalk network, let me know. :)

Thanks a lot, Brandon.

The app is great. I find that the forums load quicker on here than on OTR Mobile. You can also view PM's and your watched topics/forums. If you have Android, you can put a widget on your home screen that takes you directly to OTR.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Color me very unimpressed not only can I not view videos/images but it's just confusing overall :(

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6898b39-f412-90ec.jpg

However it is very cool that I can do that :lol:

Edited by fish7718

• Owner

Is there any way you guys can remove the "Sent using Tapatalk" line? It pisses me off that the app charges $3 for you to use it, and then it spams your board INSIDE of your posts.

<br />Is there any way you guys can remove the "Sent using Tapatalk" line? It pisses me off that the app charges $3 for you to use it, and then it spams your board INSIDE of your posts.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes, there is an option to remove it from your signature. I choose to have it though because it gives you an idea of how many people actually use tapatalk.

Sent from Tapatalk

<br /><br /><br />

Yes, there is an option to remove it from your signature. I choose to have it though because it gives you an idea of how many people actually use tapatalk.

Sent from Tapatalk

LOL does it matter how many people use it?

• Like 1

• Owner

If it continues to post the HTML tags, I'm going to have to get rid of it, because certain tags could cause errors in the topics, depending on the order they are opened and possibly not closed.

It basically means I can't have any forum giving the ability to post HTML, and that's a no-go.

The IPB app does everything this one does, and it's free.

• Owner

What is huge difference between this Tapatalk and the regular mobile version using the browser?

I find the mobile version to be very well done, thats why i haven't bought this yet.

There's the mobile skin (viewed on a browser).

Then you have the IPB app (which is more similar to Tapatalk), and it's free with most of the same features, and it's NOT the same as viewing the board on a browser...actually an app.

Tapatalk is stripped down, like the IPB app (in regards to design), and it's $3.

There's the mobile skin (viewed on a browser).

Then you have the IPB app (which is more similar to Tapatalk), and it's free with most of the same features, and it's NOT the same as viewing the board on a browser...actually an app.

Tapatalk is stripped down, like the IPB app (in regards to design), and it's $3.

Last time I used the IPB app it was the same exact thing as the mobile skin. Just saying

For some reason whenever I open Tapatalk for my iPhone it doesn't open the app, it goes to a loading screen to Tapatalk for a few seconds then closes back to the menu. I've tried restarting my iPhone, removing it from my iPhone and then putting it back on. But it still isn't working :( Anyone know how to fix this?

• 1 year later...
  • Owner

Any of you that were using Tapatalk...can you please verify that it works now? I just updated URL's and necessary files, and in a while, I'll upload the new image.

Once I upgrade the board, I'll also install a new version of Tapatalk with it.