SVG - The Boss

The Truth

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP)—NBA Commissioner David Stern might have finally muzzled Magic coach Stan Van Gundy.

At least for now, anyway.

Van Gundy said Friday that he was told he can’t comment anymore in the escalating rhetoric with Stern that included personal jabs from both sides. Asked who told him to refrain from more remarks, Van Gundy responded, “I’ve been told I can’t comment.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoDsQEiAowbBcNCezndfrkO8vLYF?slug=ap-stern-vangundy

Stern wins again.

you're a moron. Stern's ruining the reputation of himself and of the league. this incident has sparked more hate towards him than ever. here's the first comments following that article:

Stern, the man is a tool suffering from little man syndrome.

David Stern is a Nazi.

The little jew that runs the league with a iron hand - what a joke!

Van Gundy is 100% correct. Stern's NBA is by far the most manipulated of the major sports.

These are very disturbing comments from David Stern. He made a martyr of Stan Van Gundy, and made his remarks seem truer than ever. We should not worship this repressive style approach.

Yes, there should be guidelines about what is appropriate to discuss public, at least during the season. But this type of threatening language? And for Stern to comment on the Magic's quality of play--when they are 7-3 with one of the losses related to the Howard suspension? I am not a Magic fan, but that is highly inappropriate of the commissioner.

He clearly was upset by Van Gundy's remarks and he needs to be above that. If he is further adored for this approach, I am truly disturbed.

Stern should be forced to apologize and clarify his remarks. How do I contact David Stern? Does anyone have his email?

Wow! Remember the Godfather movies? Stern just demonstrated that he is more powerful than any Don! And what is the NBA going to do about this, seeing that giving technicals to players who complain to the refs for good reason is arbitrary, unjust and YES! dictatorial? Can't anybody do anything to kick this @#$% out of the league?

Finally somebody speaks up. This is the problem with the NBA. Stern has too much control. I understand he's the commissioner, but there has to be a line. Stern is turning the NBA into an emotionless, robotic soap opera with no defense. The players are either too stupid to realize it or realize that Stern writes their checks and they choose not to say anything. I applaud Van Gundy. We need to get the game back to its glory days before it's too late.

No doubt, that the NBA has gustapo leadership. Stern maybe honorable, but obviously dislikes our Constitution. These fines are set by a dictator, 1st amendment rights are one of our greatest rights and he is a pariah.

that's extremely refreshing. good to see some knowledgeable discussion.

Stern's turning the fans against him and this will come back to haunt him.

deprive Americans their right to free speech and eventually, you'll pay.

understood; my question is this - if you were a player and he wanted to rollback your contract, would you fight back or just let him do it?

Of course I'd want to keep my money, but I'd also realize the situation the league is in.

no apparent reason? it's as if you don't even read my posts. I've already listed like five different things he's instituted that have made me hate him.

And I've countered every argument you've made.

money. Stern profits off the sale of league merchandise. the more the NBA sells, the more he gets. so, a new ball would have fattened his pockets for sure, had it been embraced by the players.

“But if our players are unhappy with it, we have to analyze to the nth degree the cause of their unhappiness. Everything is on the table. I’m not pleased, but I’m realistic. We’ve got to do the right thing here. And, of course, the right thing is to listen to our players. Whether it’s a day late or not, we’re dealing with this. I won’t make a spirited defense with respect to the ball, Stern told the Times. With respect to the ball, I take responsibility for that.”

He was profiting off of the old ball as well.

but the actual players hated it and it didn't even last a month. that was an epic fail no doubt.

It doesn't matter...he apologized, took full responsibility for how everything went down, he attempted to fulfill the players' complaints, so tell me, how is he self centered?

he just says something to refs, if anything. no one's allowed to throw up their arms or make certain gestures with getting called for the technical.

No he doesn't, it's obvious now that you don't watch enough basketball. And I've yet to understand how this doesn't better the league from a professionalism standpoint. The refs for the most part let many arguments slide, and you rarely see them T up a player after an initial reaction. It's only till they start to go overboard that they get T'd up.

not taking money from the players who've already signed their contracts would be a good start. I think there should be a hard cap with the cap the slightly increased from where it is now, if that's what you mean by better ideas.

All of what you're saying are legitimate solutions to these problems that will be discussed before the CBA expires.

you're a moron. Stern's ruining the reputation of himself and of the league. this incident has sparked more hate towards him than ever. here's the first comments following that article:

Why are you resorting to personal attacks? I stated a fact, David Stern won by shutting SVG up. How you know my stance just based on three words, that's beyond me.

• Like 1

Why are you resorting to personal attacks? I stated a fact, David Stern won by shutting SVG up. How you know my stance just based on three words, that's beyond me.

sorry about that, man. I just saw multiple people defending Stern and it pissed me off. I hardly ever resort to personal attacks, but when I see people applauding the man who tells the players what not to wear, what not to say, and what not to do, I get a bit worked up. I apologize for that post.

• Like 1