Wade prefers rest in final stretch

The Truth

Dwyane Wade has played 40 or more minutes in nine of Miami's most recent 15 games.

"I would love to see other guys get in there and really come in and take some minutes," he said. "I'm fine with getting another few (off). It's just, come out there and make our team deeper and better."

Wade is as concerned with being rested as he is going into the postseason playing at a high level.

"I've been playing a lot of minutes, so at this stage of the season we want to continue (pushing)," he said. "But I would like to have other guys come in and really get into the playoff mode. So I wouldn't mind giving up four minutes of my 40 that I've playing lately."

But he doesn't believe fatigue is a factor.

"I mean, I feel good," he said. "I'm at the best condition that I can be in. Besides the NBA process of being banged up, I'm not injured. So that's a plus for me."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212349/Wade_In_Favor_Of_Rest_Ahead_Of_Playoffs#ixzz1GzfxnVRV

Why does everyone love Wade so much and hate LBJ? This idiot is talking about getting rest when his team is playing like they are? I mean if the Heat were rolling then alright, but come on....

Wade is talking about wanting more rest, and LBJ is talking about his these last games are a chance to improve for the playoffs, yet LBJ is public enemy number 1 on the internet?

• Like 1

Why does everyone love Wade so much and hate LBJ? This idiot is talking about getting rest when his team is playing like they are? I mean if the Heat were rolling then alright, but come on....

Wade is talking about wanting more rest, and LBJ is talking about his these last games are a chance to improve for the playoffs, yet LBJ is public enemy number 1 on the internet?

You can't be serious dude. Everything posted about what Lebron, Bosh, Wade, Spo, or Riley say is going to be taken out of hand so I won't even bother.

I don't think he really meant it the way he said it, though. Wade's a competitor. if it's a close game, I'm sure he wants to be out there. I think he just meant that if it's not a close game (they're either up or down by a lot), that he'd prefer some of the reserves get some minutes. that way, they're a little more loose and ready for the playoffs.

You gotta realize that Wade's body has gone through more than LBJ's. Wade is older by 4 years and he's had some major injuries so I can see why he would want some more rest down the stretch.

Tell me about it.

People act as if Wade is this saint because he stayed in Miami, but really, these three were meeting up regardless of which city it was. It could've been Miami, New York, Chicago, New Jersey or freaking Minnesota (ok, maybe not Minny). The way things played out it just so happened that Miami was the one with the cap room to be able to fit all three without forcing them to take major paycuts.

People just look at James as this super villian because he left his home town team to join up with another superstar and an all-star, but if the roles were reversed and Miami was in Cleveland's situation, Wade would be doing the exact same thing.

• Like 1

he said he would sacrifice like 4 minutes to get other guys more time

you making it seem like he wants to sit out the rest of the season till the playoffs, he is thinking long term, he knows the bench has to get goin in time for the playoffs so 4 minutes off his 40 isnt a huge deal

Weird how the good person pouts to the media after losses while the child shoulders the blame like a man.

Yes because pouting at the media makes you a bad person, lol this post was an absolute fail, what does being a man to the media have to do with being a good person?

Yes because pouting at the media makes you a bad person, lol this post was an absolute fail, what does being a man to the media have to do with being a good person?

Being a baby on the podium after a few losses certainly doesn't make Wade a good person either though. You never said LBJ was a bad person, you said he was a child, which implied Wade was not, when really Wade is the one behaving more like a child than LeBron. I know you hate LBJ, but shit bud...

Being a baby on the podium after a few losses certainly doesn't make Wade a good person either though. You never said LBJ was a bad person, you said he was a child, which implied Wade was not, when really Wade is the one behaving more like a child than LeBron. I know you hate LBJ, but shit bud...

LOL, I can careless what Wade has done at the podium for the last week, LeBron has acted like a child his whole entire career and it is well documented. Wade does not act like LeBron at all, yes Wade was sad at a press confrence so that makes him childish. Seriously bro? I know you hate Wade but you aren't that dumb are you?

Who cares if LeBron acts like a "child" he's still a beast on the court what else really matters at the end of the day?

To many splits between the LeBron hate and LeBron love, what about his talent alone? I mean he could be the biggest bitch in the world but if that's the game he's bringing every night on the court it's worth the baggage.

Also agree with BFT his post makes a lot of sense, the whole villian thing clouds so much judgement.

Who cares if LeBron acts like a "child" he's still a beast on the court what else really matters at the end of the day?

To many splits between the LeBron hate and LeBron love, what about his talent alone? I mean he could be the biggest bitch in the world but if that's the game he's bringing every night on the court it's worth the baggage.

Also agree with BFT his post makes a lot of sense, the whole villian thing clouds so much judgement.

-_- I never said LeBron being a child makes him any less of a player, but LeBron gives you so many reasons not to like him.

LOL, I can careless what Wade has done at the podium for the last week, LeBron has acted like a child his whole entire career and it is well documented. Wade does not act like LeBron at all, yes Wade was sad at a press confrence so that makes him childish. Seriously bro? I know you hate Wade but you aren't that dumb are you?

I don't hate Wade, not sure what makes you think that (I may often call him overrated but that is in comparison to LeBron, people calling him Batman and shit, I often acknowledge he is a top 3 player without a doubt), in fact I think I am one of the most impartial posters on this entire site when it comes to anything not Raptors related, but okay.... you often go out of your way to shit on LeBron, it is kind of pathetic really, bitterness ain't a good look. I don't even think Wade is childish, but neither is LeBron, they are both competitors, I was trying to make a point with my initial post, LeBron has handled this 'adversity' better than anyone. Everyone hates LBJ and acts like Wade is a saint, if you want more explanation just read what BFT said since he basically summed up what I was thinking.

I'm not going to sit here and exchange subliminal insults with you, you hate LBJ and your opinion won't be swayed, and that's fine, just don't spew bullshit around like it is a matter of fact LBJ is a child. Cocky? Yeah probably.. Unprofessional? You could make a case. Childish? I just don't see it, especially not this season.

Edited by Check my Stats

I don't hate Wade, not sure what makes you think that (I may often call him overrated but that is in comparison to LeBron, people calling him Batman and shit, I often acknowledge he is a top 3 player without a doubt), in fact I think I am one of the most impartial posters on this entire site when it comes to anything not Raptors related, but okay.... you often go out of your way to shit on LeBron, it is kind of pathetic really, bitterness ain't a good look. I don't even think Wade is childish, but neither is LeBron, they are both competitors, I was trying to make a point with my initial post, LeBron has handled this 'adversity' better than anyone. Everyone hates LBJ and acts like Wade is a saint, if you want more explanation just read what BFT said since he basically summed up what I was thinking.

I'm not going to sit here and exchange subliminal insults with you, you hate LBJ and your opinion won't be swayed, and that's fine, just don't spew bullshit around like it is a matter of fact LBJ is a child. Cocky? Yeah probably.. Unprofessional? You could make a case. Childish? I just don't see it, especially not this season.

LOL I don't go out of my way to shit on LeBron, almost never. I wasn't even really shitting on him in this thread just explaining hwy people dislike him more than Wade. http://cleveland.scoresreport.com/2011/02/28/lebron-proves-again-hes-a-spoiled-child/ You won't find articles calling Wade a child. Also I hate many players but it doesn't effect my judgment on them. I hate Kobe a lot too doesn't mean I don't think he's a great player. KG as well.