Stern Knows 'Where the bodies are buried'

During All-Star Weekend last month, NBPA executive director Billy Hunter and commissioner David Stern addressed the players as they do every year.

But this time Hunter painted a more negative picture, explaining how he couldn't tell the players that everything is currently well in the NBA. He also referenced how Oscar Robertson and Jerry West staged a protest at the 1964 All-Star Game. Hunter insisted the players had an obligation to participate in the game, but his speech made it clear that he wouldn't back down to Stern.

When Hunter was finished and handed the microphone to Stern, the commissioner began to list his resume and his anger was visible.

Stern then announced he knows where "the bodies are buried" in the NBA, according to witnesses.

“It was shocking,” said Derrick Rose. “I was taking off my gear, and when he said that, I just stopped and thought, ‘Whoa …’

“I couldn’t believe that he said it.”

Said another All-Star in the room, “I was shocked … just shocked.”

The moment turned into a galvanizing one for Hunter.

It was “probably the best Billy has been around us,” one veteran Eastern Conference All-Star told Yahoo! Sports.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212416/Stern_Knows_Where_The_Bodies_Are_Buried#ixzz1HGFHX3WG

I didn't know you could 'pass' the SAT :rolleyes:

You need a minimum score to even apply to schools, so I'd consider it a fail if you don't meet that minimum requirement. No knock on Memphis, but is their requirement really that high?