Kobe takes a shot at Smush?

You're a [expletive]ing retard. Just because someone agrees with a comment a player makes, doesn't mean they 'hate' a certain player or 'love' a certain player. That's just a lame argument that people come up with when they got nothing else to say.

If LeBron made a comment disrespecting Ricky Davis or some shit nobody should have a problem with it.

Too bad a lot of you WOULD have a problem with it, evidenced by the many threads talking negatively about LeBron. Do some or a lot of those threads have merit? Yes, some certainly do. However, people need to stop acting like Kobe is an angel when he has made harsher comments than LeBron ever has.

Deal with it.

Let it be known that this isn't the first time Kobe has trashed a teammate.

I don't understand why he even has to retaliate...it's Smush [expletive]in Parker, anything the man says is a joke regardless.

agreed; I have no idea why Kobe is still trashing him in interviews. he must have been really offended by Smush's comments. I can't think of any other reason why he'd still be talking about him now. Kobe should have just been the bigger man and squashed it, but instead, he continues to trash a guy who's not even in the league anymore. I think that's a douche move, personally.

• Like 2

• Owner

Funny thing is, we have yet to actually trash LeBron for making a comment towards a former teammate, so you really don't know if we would or not.

However, you guys are doing what you say WE would do, which is pretty funny, to say the least.

*insert Mutombo elbow here*

^ yeah, bringing LeBron into this is pointless. this is about Kobe and Smush. all things aside, I still think it's a dick move. I don't care much about it either way, and I doubt Smush even knows he's making these comments, but it's still kind of strange. why would Kobe continue to disrespect someone who wasn't even half the player he was and who's been out of the league for years now? just seems weird to me.

Edited by The Truth

Who cares, seriously? Smush talked some shit about him and Kobe responded just now. The man has 5 rings, he's a proven champ, the best player of the last decade. MJ was the worst douche ever to play the game, yet people have no problem with him punching his teammates and saying all type of terrible stuff to them. Some of you need to take lay off from your anti-Kobe pills.

• Owner

why would Kobe continue to disrespect someone who wasn't even half the player he was and who's been out of the league for years now? just seems weird to me.

Continue? I don't remember him saying anything before this.

And you ask that question, yet we've already answered it. He said it as a joke, because most everyone views Smush as a joke.

This isn't Jordan talking trash on his high school teammate decades later, for no reason.

I actually think my previous post said it best anyway. It's clear as day where this was going from the start.

Continue? I don't remember him saying anything before this.

"I know for me it was all about winning,'' Bryant said. "In my situation, we weren't spending the money to get players to the Lakers. They had me playing around with Smush Parker. So until they decided they wanted to make the necessary sacrifice financially that was competitive, then I didn't want to be here, simple as that.''

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2011/2/1/1968897/former-lakers-guard-smush-parker-looks-out-of-shape-playing-in-greece

"Yeah, just continue to play. They have some talented players there. They have a great coach. They'll be fine. It's not even close. They don't even have Smush Parker on their team. It's not even close."

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2009/04/kobe-cracks-smush.html

• Owner

Those were all after Smush's comments to him. Kobe never said anything before that (while they were on the same team together, or after Smush took off his Lakers jersey and pre-jab at Kobe).

Kobe is like Phil Jackson. Smush targeted Bryant, and now Kobe has turned him into a quick and easy joke.

Players will tend to do that when someone else runs their mouth about them. Did you ever watch Shaq back when the Kings were our rivals? Jordan laughed at Bryon Russell and mocked him when Russell stated that Jordan pushed off him, so Russell has been talking Mike for years now, wanting to play him, saying he can lock him up (and all MJ had to do was say that he didn't push off, not try and degrade Russell...right?), but that's how it ends up because certain guys just don't like each other. Did you ever read some of the things Raja Bell said about Kobe, and how Kobe responded?

It's not a big deal. For one, it's Smush Parker. Post a topic when Kobe says something degrading about a significant star that he sees on the court.

it doesn't matter how good or bad the player was - it's still a dick move. he's making Smush the butt of his jokes and the dude's not even in the league anymore. Smush said maybe one bad thing about Kobe and Kobe's already mocked him like three or four times. sure, Parker wasn't the best player ever, but he tried hard and he did his best. Kobe should be mature enough to leave him alone, but I guess he's not.

it doesn't matter how good or bad the player was - it's still a dick move. he's making Smush the butt of his jokes and the dude's not even in the league anymore. Smush said maybe one bad thing about Kobe and Kobe's already mocked him like three or four times. sure, Parker wasn't the best player ever, but he tried hard and he did his best. Kobe should be mature enough to leave him alone, but I guess he's not.

The real problem here is that you feel sorry for Smush Parker. Nobody should feel sorry for that scrub.

• Like 1

lol maybe you should try to cheer for a team with Smush Parker as your starting point guard instead of hopping around the bandwagon before defending him.

• Owner

Parker wasn't the best player ever, but he tried hard and he did his best.

You'd love some of the quotes I've already found of yours where you probably should've kept that in mind before bashing a role player in the past.

The real problem here is that you feel sorry for Smush Parker. Nobody should feel sorry for that scrub.

I don't feel sorry for him; I just think Kobe should be a big enough man to not make him the butt of his jokes anymore. the dude's been out of the league for like three or four years now and he's still mentioning Smush.

lol maybe you should try to cheer for a team with Smush Parker as your starting point guard instead of hopping around the bandwagon before defending him.

actually, I was a Laker fan when Smush was on the team.

that's how I knew Kobe joked about him on multiple occasions.

You'd love some of the quotes I've already found of yours where you probably should've kept that in mind before bashing a role player in the past.

lol wut? I have no idea what you're saying here.