The Rock willing to do more than host?

Dash

- Regarding The Rock's participation at WrestleMania 27 besides being guest host, it's said that he is now willing to do more than he was when he originally made the deal to come back. There's no word yet on what WWE has planned for The Rock, John Cena and The Miz at WrestleMania.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson spoke to Associated Press sports writer Dan Gelston this week about his return to WWE, the build to WrestleMania and beyond.

The most newsworthy part of the interview, which you can read at Sports.Yahoo.com in its entirety, is that The Rock is more open to wrestling another match than he's been in the past several years.

"I’ve never said never," Rock said. "I’m open to it. For years when I was asked that, I kept my emotions very close to my sleeve.

"I would say, ‘No, I don’t see myself wrestling a match,’ because I didn’t want to leave that open too much. I wanted to make sure I was concentrating solely on my goals in acting."

Rock thinks he can handle his movie career while still making appearances for WWE, which would include getting back in the ring.

“It’s ‘The People’s Era’ that’s getting ready to happen,” he said. “It’s just beginning.”

During an interview with Associated Press sports writer Dan Gelston, RAW superstar John Cena talked about how badly he wants to wrestle The Rock and what his return to WWE means to the overall WWE product.

When asked about when we'll see him get a shot at The Rock, Cena said, "I have been willing to do anything for that match. I will do anything for that match. If I have to talk more trash about The Rock, I’m your guy."

Amazing news if true, I'd love to see The Rock get back in the ring.

Yeah I was just about to post this. I will still be shocked if The Rock gets back in the WWE ring, but looking at his wiki page it doesn't appear he is set to film anymore movies so maybe it's a possibility, and he is still only 37 years old so he could easily pull of at least one more awesome feud. I still think we will see Miz put The Rock on the shelf the night after Wrestlemania to get him major heat, and Rock is ALWAYS the first to put someone over.

My only concern with a Rock-Cena feud, is the inevitability of Cena pinning Rock, 1-2-3, I'd rather it be a 3 way so at least someone else like Ziggler or Miz can get the rub for a win, Cena stands nothing to gain from winning, but of course those 2 one on one is where the money is.

Edited by Check my Stats

Yeah I was just about to post this. I will still be shocked if The Rock gets back in the WWE ring, but looking at his wiki page it doesn't appear he is set to film anymore movies so maybe it's a possibility, and he is still only 37 years old so he could easily pull of at least one more awesome feud. I still think we will see Miz put The Rock on the shelf the night after Wrestlemania to get him major heat, and Rock is ALWAYS the first to put someone over.

My only concern with a Rock-Cena feud, is the inevitability of Cena pinning Rock, 1-2-3, I'd rather it be a 3 way so at least someone else like Ziggler or Miz can get the rub for a win, Cena stands nothing to gain from winning, but of course those 2 one on one is where the money is.

Omg that would be horrible. I would literally stop watching the WWE if that were to happen.

Omg that would be horrible. I would literally stop watching the WWE if that were to happen.

Rock always puts guys over, that shouldn't surprise you dude lol.