Brooklyn Gaining Appeal for Dwight Howard

The Regime

Ric Bucher:

I'm with you. That said, I don't see any way Dwight would consider going to Chicago. He wants his own stage and a big one. The latest I've heard on that is that he's wavering on the Lakers as his preferred destination -- not sure Kobe will have enough left in the tank to grow with him. Scratch Miami and New York from his list as well. The idea of joining forces with Deron in NJ/Brooklyn, I'm told, is gaining appeal.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/37546

Very interesting situation for the Magic. In all seriousness, a team-up with Williams in New Jersey would be almost perfect for all three parties involved. For New Jersey, it gives them that big man that they've been looking for, and another post player opposite Brook Lopez. I guess then comes the question of Deron Williams working with Howard? Well, to be honest, they'd team up perfectly. Howard would open up the inside-out game with Williams, and D-Will would do an excellent job of feeding the post. Win-win-win situation.

Been saying this since D-Will got traded, Dwight will be a Net either next season before the deadline, or when he officially becomes a FA.

Considering I really don't see NJ having any value to give up for Dwight Howard, he may complete the 2011-12 season and sign with them via FA. Although no Magic fan (including me) would want to see this, I feel it would be good for the league as a whole. Especially a tandem like that being in the north east.

:mellow:

It gonna come down to either wanting to play in New Jersey and be second fiddle to where the Knicks are the box office of the town. Or be in LA and be King with Kobe running LA. These rumors started with Dwight coming to LA and Dwight has given every indication that he would love to be here in Los Angeles first then anywhere. Kobe was already working on Dwight to come to LA also. Lastly but not least Dwight wants a acting career and there is no better place to do it then in Hollywood. Dwight has been dropping so many hints that he wants to be here in LA with Kobe, I would be truly stunned if he doesn't end up here in Los Angeles with Kobe donning the purple and gold.

LINK

http://i54.tinypic.com/eb5tmp.jpg

Edited by magicbalala245

if winning is truly his top priority, he should sign with OKC. they could facilitate a deal with Perkins going to Orlando. if he cares about playing in a big market, New York, LA, and Boston are his best options.

OKC can't afford his contract under salary cap rules so I don't see that happening.

He should go to the Clippers.

Can you imagine Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard, and Eric Gordon on the SAME team?

Scary...

I truly believe he'll get someone to go down there with him. Him and CP3 have more emotional ties to their cities it seems than most superstars in their positions. Wade was/is the same way.