West Coast Indie Rap

La Bomba

Odd Future (Tyler the Creator, Earl, etc.) and Lil' B have both gotten a lot of good hype from a lot of Indie websites. There seems to be a lot of good publicity going towards these young, hipster, West coast rappers. I've listened to Odd Future nonstop the past week, and they're loaded with talent. I love some of the dark, in-your-face music they're creating, and Tyler, the Creator is quickly becoming one of my favorite producers.

Not a big fan of Lil B; I like some of his works with 9th Wonder, but it has nothing to do with his lyrical ability, it's most for 9th's beats. Diddy recently consigned OFWGKTA and Lil B and called them "the future of hip-hop." Do you guys like this Internet hype surrounding a lot of this new West-Coast Indie rap? Are you a fan of the new music? Thoughts?

Odd Future is going to have alot of people to start to jump on the bandwagon. The insane stories that they take you through over tylers raunchy beats is a fresh breath in music. But I am still dumbfounded by how anyone ever listens to Lil B.

Odd Future is going to have alot of people to start to jump on the bandwagon. The insane stories that they take you through over tylers raunchy beats is a fresh breath in music. But I am still dumbfounded by how anyone ever listens to Lil B.

I like some of the beats he raps to. He's working with some pretty good producers, but he doesn't even have the ability to stay on beat. He has a cult following mostly through all his social networking.

I don't think we can even begin to question Eminem impact on Odd Future's music. Their songs are just as raw and straight-up as Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LP Eminem.

FREE EARL

Seriously he's the best lyricist of the group and is now in boarding school cause of mommy. [expletive] steve harvey.

It's funny because Earl is this 16 year old rapping about drug use, rape, and murder. His mom gets hold of his music and sends him to boarding school. These guys have so much talent for their age.

Edited by Sublime

I have been on an OF trip for the last few weeks. Cant wait for Goblin. It just kinda blows my mind that tyler produces everything. Will be interesting to see how long they will stay around. But for now I am loving their stuff.

I don't think we can even begin to question Eminem impact on Odd Future's music. Their songs are just as raw and straight-up as Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LP Eminem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s09_NEpTIaw

reminds me alot like old em just on the crazy level and almost kanye like with the beats and shit

Edited by s.t.a.t.