Howard's 18th Tech Earns Him Second Suspension

Dwight Howard will likely serve another one-game suspension because he picked up an eighteenth technical foul in Wednesday night's game at Charlotte.

Howard has always been deliberate at the line, and referee Bennett Salvatore called a violation for taking too long to attempt his second shot late in the second quarter.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212892/Howards_Eighteenth_Technical_Earns_Him_Second_Suspension

Edited by Confidence248

I've only seen it called once before to another player, either Shaq or Robert Horry.

It's a weak way to get your 18th Tech. Didn't even get his money's worth. No tirade against the ref, no elbow to someone's head.

But it's the right call. Though, they are picking on him it seems. I know other players who took 10+ seconds. Karl Malone was one of them. I'm sure there's others now.

BTW...it seemed like they were going by Gerald Henderson's counting, which to me seemed pretty quick. WTF Salvatore?