Vick's Off Season Plans

It's been several years since Michael Vick spent an offseason as his team's unquestioned number-one quarterback, which makes the timing of the NFL lockout particularly unfortunate for him -- time spent away from the team is time he's not spending with the coaches and refining his technique. For all the success of Vick's 2010 season, the Philadelphia Eagles' offense struggled at times in the second half of the year.

Vick, for one, remains unconcerned. "I don't think it's hindering my development; I have almost every game plan from last year," Vick said to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News. "I can look at all the things we did as an offense. It's all still instilled in my memory -- it's in the memory banks. The only thing I miss is being able to learn the new things, the new wrinkles we want to put in the offense. But that only takes me 45 minutes, anyway. I'm definitely going to improve. I play the game of football in my mind each and every day. I watch a lot of film. I replay plays in my mind, mistakes that I made."

Adam Caplan of FOX Sports reminds us that Andy Reid has confidence in his quarterback: "Before the lockout Michael was in the building every day. He was in the building every day last offseason," Eagles head coach Andy Reid said during the recent NFL owner meetings. "You can't do all the football stuff with him right now. But he was in there working out and he's in town working out. He was saying he was going to get everybody together and work out. We can't get involved in that. I think we're OK there."

Source-NFL Trade Rumors(Insider)