Player of the Decade?

ChosenOne

I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning on my way to work, and they were having an interesting discussion on who the player of the decade is. They had it narrowed down to two players, Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan. Both side were getting alot of support but I believe Tim Duncan was getting a bit more.

Who does OTR think is the player of the decade?

EDIT: This would be an awesome podcast question. :D

Edited by ChosenOne

Kobe for sure, he has the rings, the stats, and all the necessary hardware, not to mention he hasn't spent the last 3 years on micromanaged minutes like Duncan has. The only player other than Duncan you could make a case for is LBJ, statistically he may have been the best, but his lack of rings, especially compared to the amount Kobe has, just holds him back so much.

• Like 1

Too easy KOBE period. No other player is even close to the black mamba ;)

A Celtics/Lakers fan who makes posts like this and has a man crush on Wiz Khalifa, hm...sort of reminds me off...nah he'd never do that :rolleyes:

Kobe for sure, he has the rings, the stats, and all the necessary hardware, not to mention he hasn't spent the last 3 years on micromanaged minutes like Duncan has. The only player other than Duncan you could make a case for is LBJ, statistically he may have been the best, but his lack of rings, especially compared to the amount Kobe has, just holds him back so much.

Ehh idk about that, Kobe's minutes have seen a drop as well especially this year.

Kobe Bryant:

05-06 41.0

06-07 40.8

07-08 38.9

08-09 36.1

09-10 38.8

10-11 33.9

Tim Duncan:

05-06 34.8

06-07 34.1

07-08 34.0

08-09 33.7

09-10 31.3

10-11 28.4

This year they both have seen the biggest drop off.