Report: Adelman out as Rockets coach

Nitro

Google it, so damn lazy.

Nope there isn't anything and nothing has been posted on clutchfans. I think you got someone's tweet mixed up with an actual report, it happens.

That Stevens thing is a farce I see nothing about that anywhere.....

Only rumors are Mike Brown, or Stan Van depending on the Magic situation. Maybe Mike Budenholzer?

Or keep it in house with Elston Turner.

Edited by htown11

That Stevens thing is a farce I see nothing about that anywhere.....

Only rumors are Mike Brown, or Stan Van depending on the Magic situation. Maybe Mike Budenholzer?

Or keep it in house with Elston Turner.

I have yet to see Budenholzer linked to the Rockets in any report today but I don't doubt that he will be one of the candidates. It sickens me that Mike Brown is a top candidate (for the moment) for the Houston job, just awful.

Martin, Lowry Stunned By Adelman's Departure

Kevin Martin said the Rockets would be hurt by the decision to let Adelman go after four seasons as the Rockets coach.

“I’m kind of speechless,” Martin said. “To be losing a coach of his caliber, and also losing a lot of good coaches, a lot of good people, it’s very hard.

“I think we lost one of the greatest coaches of all time. We took a step backwards. It’s like losing a great player. You see what happens. But for now, we took a step backwards.”

Rockets point guard and co-captain Kyle Lowry echoed Martin's thoughts on the move.

"For me personally, it’s very upsetting,” Lowry said. “It’s a business. Coach and management I guess could not get on same page. It’s hard hitting.

“He’s one of the best coaches I’ve ever had personally and I’m sure my teammates feel same way. He’s a great motivator, a great players’ coach. He understood the game and players and how to get through to us.”

RealGM

Edited by ChosenOne

Turner is withdrawing from the coaching search.

Rockets assistant coach Elston Turner, expected to be a candidate for the Rockets head coaching position, withdrew his name from consideration on Tuesday.

“Elston is taking himself out of the running as a candidate for the Houston Rockets head coaching position for reasons we choose not to explain,” said Warren LeGarie, who represents Turner. “If circumstances should change in the future, we would have to look at this situation again.”

Turner, who was a candidate for the head coaching positions with the Bulls, 76ers, Suns and Timberwolves, confirmed the decision to withdraw his name, but declined to comment further.

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey spoke with Turner and assistant coach Jack Sikma, but no interviews were scheduled.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7529033.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftopheadlines+%28chron.com+-+Top+Stories%29

My guess is that he either wanted to remain on Adelman's staff for another year or he wasn't too happy with Rick's treatment.

Mike Woodson interested in Rockets position.

Woodson Would Like to Become Rockets Next Coach

HOUSTON - Former Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Woodson told FOX 26 Sports he is interested in becoming the next head coach of the Houston Rockets.

During his 6-year stint with the Hawks, they became the seventh team in NBA history to win more games than the previous year for five straight seasons including three straight playoff appearances.

Woodson played for the Rockets from 1988-1991 and still owns a home in Katy.

"I have big-time interest in it, I mean absolutely," Woodson said. "It's a young team that I think has room for growth.

"I think it's a team that you add a piece or two here or there and you got a chance to compete in the West. The fact that I've had an opportunity to build a young team in Atlanta, I think I fit right in in terms of being able to come right in and coach that team up."

When Woodson took over the Hawks in 2004 his first team won 13 games. Five years later Atlanta won 53 games, the club's best season in 13 years.

"When you're dealing with young people you've got to be able to relate to them," Woodson said. "When you got 12 different guys on the team that view things sort of differently and as a head coach it's my job to try to get everybody on the same page and in doing that I've got to teach.

"I can only relate to my past experience here in Atlanta. When I took over that team it was a gutted team.

"This team is not a gutted team. This team has pretty good personnel right off the bat. I had a young team of 18, 19, 20 year-old young men that I had to teach. We had to do a lot of teaching from a fundamental standpoint in terms of how to play hard and to play at this level."

In Woodson's first three years with the Hawks his record was 69-177. His final three years in Atlanta Woodson was 137-109.

"It'll mean a great a deal if they give me the opportunity to come in and talk about their personnel and the direction of where they are going with the basketball team," Woodson said.

"I've spent a lot of time in Houston. I still have my home there and so I have a lot of ties there in Houston. For me it would be a hell of an opportunity if I was able to come in and interview and maybe get the job. I think it's a great job. I like what they've done over the years.

"It's a great city. The fans there are fantastic. They love basketball. For me it would be a perfect fit I think."

Woodson played 11 years in the NBA.

Prior to his six years as head coach of the Hawks, he was an assistant coach with the Detroit Pistons during the 2004-2005 season when they won the NBA championship.

Before that he was an assistant coach with the Philadelphia 76ers (2001-03), Cleveland Cavaliers (1999-01) and the Milwaukee Bucks (1996-1999).

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/110419-woodson-would-like-to-become-rockets-next-coach#ixzz1K1ry9Qwz