Raptors Final Roster Spot

Well as of right now the Raptors have 14 players on their roster which leaves one more roster spot before they have the maximum allowed roster of 15 players. What do you think the Raptors are going to do with that last roster spot?

Will they try to bring Delfino back despite having 3 shooting guards?

Will they try to bring Pops back as the 3rd power forward?

Will they look to bring in a player like Joey Graham or another backup small forward for the minimum (not exactly sure who's left at this point?

Will they just go with a 14 man roster and leave that open roster slot open for a potential move down the road?

If I had to make a guess, I would think that they will either try to bring in a 3rd power forward or they will just simply leave their roster at 14 and leave some wiggle room in case they need to make a trade during the course of the season. I don't think that Delfino is going to be back with the team anymore, but I am not completely ruling that one out either.

To be honest, I could actually see any one of the scenarios that I listed above happen lol.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Joey graham would be an interesting option. He was decent off the bench last year, and he does bring energy. Joey has to learn how to play good defence in this league, its the only way he will be able to stick around. I personally would love to see pops back. It seems as though Delfino is no longer needed, but it couldnt hurt I guess.

• Owner

Leave it open for the trade sending Bosh to another team by February. ;)

I don't know. Joey Graham seems like the logical choice. I'm not sure how much Delfino would contribute in Toronto, because if DeRozan turns out to be a poor man's Vince Carter (haha, sorry for the reference, Toronto fans), he'll be getting the bulk of the minutes at the two, and Delfino sure the hell won't be playing any time behind Turkoglu, seeing that he can shoot and handle the ball.

Graham is the guy that will come off the bench and work hard for you, put a body on someone and just dig deep. He won't give you that big sixth man production off the bench, either, but for a last roster spot, you really can't say you expect it from him.

• 4 weeks later...

They shud keep that spot available , and sign someone afterwards depending on if they want to save money for free angecy period or if they urgently need a player to back up hedo, then they shud choose a player whose style of play suits the raps well and can almost show the same presence as hedo. Possible graham but graham is very inconsistent and cannt shoot that well on many nights. Delfino is gone now so we shud wait on that spot and see if bosh will sign with the team again with the money that cud be used on a sf

They shud keep that spot available , and sign someone afterwards depending on if they want to save money for free angecy period or if they urgently need a player to back up hedo, then they shud choose a player whose style of play suits the raps well and can almost show the same presence as hedo. Possible graham but graham is very inconsistent and cannt shoot that well on many nights. Delfino is gone now so we shud wait on that spot and see if bosh will sign with the team again with the money that cud be used on a sf

With the Ukic/Delfino for Johnson/Weems trade, the Raptors ended up filling that final roster spot was filled.