The people who casually watch UFC don't like how GSP fights because he's very methodical and doesn't rush anything. He doesn't have a lot of knockout power, but he's one of the best technicians in the UFC, the most well rounded fighter in his weight class and probably pound for pound top three in the world. I have no problem with the way he fights because his game plans are impeccable and he goes out and he finishes them to a tee. Shields got him pretty good a couple of times, but GSP continually stuffed Shields' garbage take down attempts, kept his jab continual and on target and had an arsenal filled with that take down defense, that spinning kick and the overhand right. He fought a very sound, yet safe fight.

I don't think the Spider would "end" him, but I don't think GSP would win. He'd give up too much in weight and he's not the fighter for Spider. If they do it, it'll be purely for ratings. As a GSP fan, I'd rather him not fight Spider because I think his chin won't be able to handle that power and it might mentally take him down a couple of notches. Then again, he's got nothing else to prove at 165. I guess we'll see, but I don't want to see GSP fight Silva.