Popovich: No Major Changes In Store For Spurs

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he expects Tim Duncan will be back.

“I don’t see why he wouldn’t,” Popovich said. “I haven’t talked to him about the next few years or what he plans on doing.”

Expect some of the players from the 2010-11 roster to be gone. But Popovich again said that the core of the 61-win team during the regular season should be back next year.

“There will be some changes, but we never get drastic in that sense,” Popovich said. “Somebody asked me yesterday, we lost, do we blow it up? That’s the most preposterous attitude you can have. Twenty-nine teams lose, so you need to take time to reflect.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213434/Popovich_No_Major_Changes_In_Store_For_Spurs

Edited by Prodigy

I see them returning, making the playoffs but I do not see them ever going far in the playoffs.

They just are too old of a team and the team is just too good to just blow up right now.

Tim Duncan is old, Manu Ginobili is old but everyone else that keeps saying that the Spurs in general were too "old" for the Grizzlies is asinine.

As for not "blowing" up the team I agree I mean they did win 61 games with Tim and Manu both playing career low minutes. Memphis is not some typical 8th seed either, and they haven't lied down like the Warriors did in 2007 in the 2nd round, they are the real deal. The Spurs are a couple of pieces away from still being championship contenders. They need bigs (Not such an easy find) and a reliable wing defender.

I would listen to offers if I were the Spurs though. Everyone outside of TD should be available for the right price.