Trade?

Could be a realistic trade happening. Even down 3-0 at the halftime game of Heat Vs Celtics they already starting rumors of LA should be calling Orlando at the end of this round and telling Otis Smith you can have anyone except Kobe Bryant for Dwight Howard. I've been saying this since the rumor started a while back but I truly believe Howard will be a Laker when it is all said and done.

Edited by magicbalala245

Throw in Odom too and have LA take Hedo, also firsts. If I am not getting a nice young prospect for Dwight, I want the contender, in this case LA, to be bending over and giving up everything to get him, just like New York did for Melo, also I want both Hedo and Arenas gone.

No way in hell would I trade both. Either or is fine, even though I'd much rather trade Pau than Bynum right now.

And if the asking price is too high, there's no way L.A would bend over backwards to make the trade work. No chance.

Throw in Odom too and have LA take Hedo, also firsts. If I am not getting a nice young prospect for Dwight, I want the contender, in this case LA, to be bending over and giving up everything to get him, just like New York did for Melo, also I want both Hedo and Arenas gone.

So what you are suggesting is this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3fcywj8

The Lakers may be giving up too much value there. Not only do the Magic exchange the combined contracts of Hedo and Arenas (equaling $30M/year for 3 more years) for Pau and Odom, both core pieces of championship teams, but they also exchange Howard for Bynum, which is not only saving even more money, but you are getting a player that may become almost equal in talent.

Here's a different suggestion:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3bwruc7

Luke Walton's talent and ability at this point may be a non-addition from all angles, but what he brings is a contract $5M/year less than Hedo, AND it's a year shorter. Basically, the trade changes from the Magic not only losing one bad contract in Arenas, but two with Hedo gone. While they may not gain the talents of Odom, they save a lot more money, and from the Lakers perspective, LA gets to keep a core piece that was integral to their championships.

Offering cap space worked to gain Pau for the Lakers. It may work to gain Howard as well, plus adding the addition of the size, length, and skill combo of Pau and Bynum to the table.

Edited by Poe

It may seem like a high price to pay.

But considering:

- Pau's softness

- Bynum's injury history

- Dwight is the best center and it's not close, and there's few dominant NBA centers... he can really dominate this L in his prime and be MVPs... this is the guy that single-handedly made the a terrible defensive Magic squad the 3rd best in the L.

- Kobe's age that inevitably results in Lakers searching for a new franchise player that fills seats,

... the Lakers have to strongly consider it. In fact, it's crazy if LA refuses this... Dwight is a franchise player that Bynum is never going to be.

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

It may seem like a high price to pay.

But considering:

- Pau's softness

- Bynum's injury history

- Dwight is the best center and it's not close, and there's few dominant NBA centers... he can really dominate this L in his prime and be MVPs... this is the guy that single-handedly made the a terrible defensive Magic squad the 3rd best in the L.

- Kobe's age that inevitably results in Lakers searching for a new franchise player that fills seats,

... the Lakers have to strongly consider it. In fact, it's crazy if LA refuses this... Dwight is a franchise player that Bynum is never going to be.

While this is true, a couple things to consider before overpaying.

Lakers are still a contender if they just add some speed, athleticism, and shooting on the perimeter. Their biggest strength is their size, which few, if any, teams can match in the NBA. Trading both starting bigs eliminates their strengths. One bad ending to a season does not mean you blow up a team whose core has gone to three finals. This looked more like a mentally drained team than one that is plain disfunctional.

Lakers don't need to give up both bigs for Dwight since few teams can offer a player better than Bynum as a centerpiece. Only NJ with Lopez can compare, but I don't see why Orlando would trade within their conference. LA would need to get a third team involved, but I can see them getting a deal done without involving Gasol.