Timberwolves may look to trade #1 draft pick

"I'm fairly certain the Wolves brass consider Rubio a better prospect than Irving and no matter what they might say should they somehow get the No. 1 pick, I'd expect them to fully try to trade the pick to the highest bidder."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/121280914.html

Not surprised, I knew this would be a definite possibility going into the lottery but I have to say that I'm disappointed that Kahn might end up passing on Irving. Especially when you consider that there is a possibility that Rubio might not be playing for Minnesota yet again next season because of the potential lockout.There isn't another player in the draft that has talent to be an All-Star besides Irving (Biyombo maybe but he's a risk), and honeslty I don't see many teams putting together a package that has equal value of a #1 overall pick (assuming the Wolves win the lottery next week).

I love Rubio but its ridiculous that the Wolves front office is putting so much faith in him.

Well first of all nobody know's if they'll even have the number 1 pick and if they do I think they should keep it just in case. I'm just not 100% sure about Rubio actually coming to the T'Wolves.

If Rubio does indeed sign as expected, point guard Jonny Flynn's days in Minnesota are numbered. Sources also indicated to HOOPSWORLD that Flynn is almost sure to be traded in that case with the Toronto Raptors being one of the most probable destinations. There could be some competition for his services as the Charlotte Bobcats and Detroit Pistons could also use some help at the lead guard spot. Flynn is a first-class individual with incredible character, but he hasn't produced as hoped in Minnesota and Rubio's arrival makes him expendable. At the age of 22 he still has some upside and his price tag is not very high at all.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19789#ixzz1MMY9GZZh