Lakers to try and trade for Griffin

Some outsiders, and insiders including Magic Johnson, think the Lakers need a major overhaul. The team is not getting any younger, it lacks athleticism, and the Lakers sent away too many shooters the last couple of seasons. A buzz is starting out there that the trade rumors of earlier this year might resurface and that they might just try to pick the Clippers pockets and make them an offer they can't refuse for Blake Griffin. What better way to jump start the team.

But who would the Lakers offer? And who could they offer that the Clippers might accept? Would they accept a package that even included Kobe?

Well Kobe is not on the block and even if they wanted to they couldn't trade him. I'm sure he has a no trade clause.

It could be that they would like to offer a package that included Pau Gasol, Ron Artest and and throw in like Shannon Brown.

Gasol and Artest are probably considered expendable at this point. Fish and Steve Blake are untradeable. Kobe isn't going anywhwere. And you can't trade Andrew Bynum to a team that already has to starting centers. The only other guy available is Lamar Odom.

The biggest problem is that the salaries don't match. Blake Griffin doesn't make very much. So you can't match up the money unless you include a player that has a decent size contract like Kaman or maybe Mo Williams and another player.

As much as the Lakers are probably willing, they just don't have the right pieces to pull it off. If I were the Clippers I wouldn't trade Blake for Kobe, much less they other stiffs that they have.

The Lakers might want to blow it up, but they need another sucker.

I say they Lakers have no chance. What do you say?

• Owner

Yes there is not one player I would want in place of B-Griff if I'm the Clipps. Not LeBron, not Durant, not Dwight.

Superstar in the making. The difference is, he's also a big.

Superstar in the making. The difference is, he's also a big.

Yup. I thought about going to a few Clippers games this past season, just to watch Blake. I never, ever would of considered going to a Clippers game otherwise. The Clippers need to do everything in their power to keep Blake, and surround him with talent.