Trade idea: Russell Westbrook for Chris Paul

I was watching First & 10 the other day and Chris Broussard had brought up an interesting topic. They had talked about the Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant situation and how it is starting to look like Marbury & KG part 2. Chris Broussard threw the idea of trading Westbrook for CP3 in the offseason if the Westbrook & Durant situation continues. Now I like Westbrook and all but getting CP3 is just to great of an opportunity to pass up. He's a better PG and leader and has actually had experiance playing in OKC. It would be a nice fit I believe, imagine all the ally oops he can throw to Ibaka and how well he can set up Durant for the 3.

They would only make the move because RW thinks he is something he isn't: a superstar. Chris Paul is. Getting RW for CP3 would be a huge life saver for New Orleans too. It would make sense for both, if the circumstances with RW/KD really did get sour, which they really haven't yet.

This would be amazing for OKC, to have an actual point on their team. Everyone would thrive.

Agreed, and to have CP3 Durant and Perkins signed long term, OKC would be a power house for years...

That's actually a good idea that could benefit both teams.

NO doesn't want to lose Paul if he opts out and Westbrook is as good as it's gonna get.

OKC would land one of the permeir players in the league who would make an excellent sidekick to Durant since Paul is probably happier passing than scoring.

I think the Thunder would do it in a heart beat... as for the the Hornets, I'm not so sure.

Unless obviously Chris Paul says that he is open to joining another team in that case I guess Hornets would be forced to trade CP3 so that they do not lose him for nothing in the FA.

• Owner

Strictly looking at the exchange of age and talent, Russell Westbrook for Chris Paul makes about as much sense to me as Michael Beasley for LeBron James.

Except that Westbrook is twice the player Beasley is, and LeBron is a better player than CP3? Beasley shouldn't be placed in the same sentence as LeBron, CP3 OR Westbrook...two superstars and an all-star.

The comparison would make sense if we were talking a trade that involves the Heat taking Rajon Rondo for Dwyane Wade.

Except that Westbrook is twice the player Beasley is, and LeBron is a better player than CP3?

I disagree with both.

Westbrook is an All-Star, and Beasley is All-Star-Caliber, and often times the separation is merely by the team record. Both score roughly 22 points per 36 minutes, both shoot below 55% true shooting percentage, and both players are top ten in the league in usage percentage. And both players are 22 years old and have "superstar potential".

But regardless of potential, you can't quite compare Beasley or Westbrook to the best ever in their respective positions. At least, that's my point of view.

••Edit: And to clarify, I am saying that I believe LeBron is the best SF in NBA history, and that CP3 is the best PG. Derrick Rose is a long shot from deserving that MVP award.

Edited by Poe

Beasley doesn't have a position, and averaged those stats as the 2ND option on the WORST TEAM IN THE NBA. Westbrook is on his way to the WCF, and one of the quickest and most explosive points in the game, the NBA today is built for the Westbrooks of the world.

Horrible, absolutely horrible comparison. Beasley got traded for a 2nd in the off-season, are you actually comparing his and RW's value?

David West for westbrook?

Honestly though about the original trade I think its interesting and I would not be totally against it if Paul were adamant on leaving. Fit Westbrook alongside Landry, Mek, and Ariza then see what value D-West can get; New Orleans would be straight.

OKC would be sick though.

Edited by Art Bart

Why the hell would you want two guards that need the ball to be effective?

Westbrook was a sg in college and he and paul could work well together. CP3 plays great without the ball. Have you seen our roster lately we have like 65 point guards and they all play together as our SG spot is up for grabs.

Westbrook was a sg in college and he and paul could work well together. CP3 plays great without the ball. Have you seen our roster lately we have like 65 point guards and they all play together as our SG spot is up for grabs.

SG means Shooting Guard, do you really want CP3 setting up Westbrook to shoot the ball lol? Also with CP3 running point Westbrook would become alot less effective attacking the rim, since Paul gets everyone helping in so often.

Lol. This happens so much I should get paid. I'm told that I'm crazy and out of my mind, then turn out completely right in the end.

This make sense to me for the Hornets because everyone knows CP3 is not signing back so trade him and get a legit scoring point and some other pieces if the offer really exists. I think this trade goes down only if the Thunder don't make it to the Finals. Win win for both teams really.