Colangelo Signs Two Year Extension With Raptors

At least according to Feschuck.

dfeschuk Dave Feschuk

Bryan Colangelo close to signing a multi-year deal to remain as Raptors GM. "It's happening," says NBA source. Story on thestar.com soon.

http://twitter.com/#!/dfeschuk/status/70508128483016705

I think this time it is true, though, unlike the other 20 times this has come up. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they announced the deal as official after the lottery tonight (or perhaps before), especially if the Raptors get the 1st overall pick.

Either way, I just hope this is true so that I can stop hearing about Colangelo's future. I used to want him gone but now I'm at the point that I just want a deal to get done one way or another. I don't even care if he is retained or let go.

UPDATE:

Deal is done. The contract is for two years with a team option for the 3rd.

dfeschuk Dave Feschuk

Sources confirm Bryan Colangelo has agreed to contract extension as #Raptors GM. 2-yr deal with a club option for 3rd.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I think that is extremely fair and what I wanted all along (3 years is what I hoped for). It gives Brian a window to continue rebuilding this team and establish the direction, and if he [expletive]s up, then both parties move on. I am happy he's back, despite everyone hating him, I am glad he is going to be our GM and be given a fair chance to build his own team, instead of trying to build a team with Chris Bosh.

Edited by Check my Stats

It’s great that the whole GM situation is cleared up. We all know the direction of this team and I think most people are happy with the direction this organization is going. Colangelo is been given a fair opportunity to ride this ship and hopefully he will produce what we all been waiting for 16 years which is a winning team.