Sam Amico: Indiana Pacers making serious play for #2 overall pick

Dash

SamAmicoFSO: Pacers are ones making seriously play for No. 2. Granger is being mentioned. So are Rubio and Beasley. Again, more later on FOX.

No way either Rubio or Beasley should be included, giving up the #2 pick is enough for Granger.

Edited by Dash

I think its the Pacers that want Beasley or Rubio in the deal. Kahn has already stated that Rubio is untouchable but I can't say the same about Beasley.

• Owner

I think its the Pacers that want Beasley or Rubio in the deal. Kahn has already stated that Rubio is untouchable but I can't say the same about Beasley.

It wouldn't surprise me if the deal fell through because Kahn was unwilling to give up Rubio.

It wouldn't surprise me if the deal fell through because Kahn was unwilling to give up Rubio.

I don't know. Granger isn't as young as he used to be and moving him for Derrick Williams makes sense.

I don't know. Granger isn't as young as he used to be and moving him for Derrick Williams makes sense.

Problem is, they just drafted Paul George a year ago, wouldn't make sense to draft D-Will. Hansbrough also showed a lot of promise near the end of the year and heading into the playoffs, as did Roy Hibbert (who I believe was the leading candidate for most improved player up until the halfway mark). Not sure who they are targeting with the 2nd pick.

Problem is, they just drafted Paul George a year ago, wouldn't make sense to draft D-Will. Hansbrough also showed a lot of promise near the end of the year and heading into the playoffs, as did Roy Hibbert (who I believe was the leading candidate for most improved player up until the halfway mark). Not sure who they are targeting with the 2nd pick.

Granger plays the same position as George too so it doesn't make much sense to keep him around another year either. Derrick Williams could at least be developed to play the 4, Hansbrough is nice but I don't think he has the potential Williams does.

Just play George at the two. It was where he was predicted to play coming out of college last year and, as far as I know, he has the game to more than adequately play that position. I don't know where he played last season, whether it was the 2 or the 3, but I don't see why he can't play the shooting guard spot for the Pacers and have Williams slot in at the 3, which is where he has repeatedly said he wants to play. I don't really see the problem here, unless I am completely mistaken about George.

A lineup of:

Collison/George/Williams/Hansbrough/Hibbert

is a decent enough young core to build around. They would also have an abundance of cap space to work with if they are moving Granger, although I don't envision Indiana as a very desireable destination for free agents.

Edited by Built Ford Tough
  • Like 1

Ah, that's right, he was receiving a lot of comparisons to Tracy McGrady due to his size and athleticism, and his ability to shoot the ball. He's also been a great defender this year. Drafting D-Will would actually be a great move for them .

I don't think they want George to play the three. They'd have Derrick Williams at small forward, and like they did in the latter parts of the regular season and in the Playoffs last season they started George at shooting guard. He has the athleticism and skills to play the two, and that's where I think they want him. That won't be a problem.