Trade Rumour: 9 Player Trade

Rumblings of trade rumours are coming out of the NBA for those teams now out of the post season. The news could get much more real for teams like the Pacers, Grizzlies and Raptors as a proposed 9 player trade could take place. Although just rumours one source has stated GM’s of these teams have been in heavy talks. This proposed trade works out on paper with the required salaries balancing out and beneficial to all. This could be much more than a rumour!

This idea out of the woodworks has put forth a 3 team proposal involving the Indiana Pacers, Memphis Grizzlies and the Toronto Raptors. 9 players will be changing cities if the rumoured trade goes down.

Trade to Memphis

Andrea Bargnani, Leandrinho Barbosa, , Paul George

Trade to Indiana

OJ Mayo, Xavier Henry, Jose Calderon

Trade to Toronto

Rudy Gay, James Posey, Dahntay Jones

BETTING SPORTS REVIEW

I honestly don’t think this trade rumour is legit but it’s fun to talk about.

Pacers get raped in that deal, Mayo and Henry are nice young players but they don't have the all-star potential George does. Pretty sure Colangelo is the gm that is trying to orchestrate the deal but there is no way its going to happen as currently constructed.

Trade looks awful for Memphis....

Paul George is a good return value for Rudy Gay but I'm assuming the Grizzlies are looking to compete next season, so moving Gay for him doesn't make all that much sense. It doesn't help that they also have to give up Xavier Henry and take on two contracts.

Its worse for the Pacers though, they are giving up the main piece and not even getting back Gay.

Indiana did almost get/want Mayo so I guess that part makes sense. Besides that, I like it for the Raptors but dunno.

They wanted him back when it would only cost Josh McRoberts and a 2nd round draft pick. Mayo has improved since but still doesn't warrant moving George.

Memphis would be getting taken to town on this deal, Paul George potential all-star? Please.

EDIT: This would make a lot more sense if MEM was getting some sort of financial flexibility to give Marc Gasol a big contract, but paying Bargs that much to be their backup big? This is a pretty dumb rumour, I'd love to get Gay for peanuts though.

Edited by Check my Stats

Memphis would be getting taken to town on this deal, Paul George potential all-star? Please.

EDIT: This would make a lot more sense if MEM was getting some sort of financial flexibility to give Marc Gasol a big contract, but paying Bargs that much to be their backup big? This is a pretty dumb rumour, I'd love to get Gay for peanuts though.

Oh please, George has all the talent and tools to become an all-star one day. Whether he actually reaches that status, I don't know but the potential is definitely there.

Not only that but they are also taking on Barbosa's $7.1 million contract. Very raw deal for Memphis.

As a Pacers fan, I'm not sure what to think of this. George does have the potential to be an All-Star, but at the same time, picking up both Henry and Mayo would be huge for us. The problem for us, is taking on Calderon's contract, and where does he play? We have A.J. Price and Lance Stephenson behind Collison, and Bird loves those two so what makes us want to bring in his contract if we probably won't play him too much? Maybe we would because he's a pass first guard who can shoot when needed but I'm still not sold.

As for Memphis, I like it for them. They get a solid big man in Bargnani, who will add some good three point shooting for them, and also bringing in Paul George is HUGE for them. I'm guessing he could step in and become a starter for them right off the bat if they wanted him to. They like Allen's defense, but George honestly is a bit better defensively and can shoot and score the ball as well. He'd be a nice addition, and then Barbosa would just be a decent role player off the bench.

Toronto does make out the best in this deal though. They get the best player in Ruday Gay, and then they also add a good piece in Dahntay Jones. Jones will play solid defense, and will bring a leader emotionally on the court, which is something that the Raptors haven't had the last few years, honestly since Vince Carter left. Bosh had some emotion but he never led with it. Adding Posey would also be an underrated move because he'd bring a veteran leader to help the youngsters on the team, and he could fill in and play some minutes off the bench if needed.

^^^ Lol at the emotional leader since Carter left BS. Carter was never the vocal leader or anything like that during his time with the Raptors. They brought in guys like Charles Oakley because Carter wasn't comfortable with being the emotional and vocal leader. He just wanted to go out and play his game, which is why he was so effective in New Jersey with Kidd.

Guys like Anthony Parker, Jorge Garbajosa and TJ Ford had more leadership qualities than Carter did. They certainly weren't close to his level when it comes to actual basketball talent, but they were all more leaders than Carter was.

As for the trade itselt, it is obviously BS. There is no way in hell the Raptors are getting Rudy Gay for Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon and Leandro Barbosa. This is clearly some BS rumor that some moron came up with and some second rate site ran with it. This just makes absolutely no sense at all.

The Pacers didn't want Calderon last summer, so what makes them suddenly want him now that they have Darren Collison on the roster?

The Grizzlies are going to pay Bargs $42M over the next 4 years, Randolph $66M over the next 4 years and Gasol around $40M over the next 4 years? Yeah, right.

This trade has as good of a chance of happening as me being the first overall pick.