Jonas Valanciunas to Cavaliers?

max in ohio:

I've recently read that the Cavs have Valanciunas (or like we in cleveland call him Big V) higher on their board than Kanter. Have you gotten the same vibe?

Jonathan Givony:

Yes. Directly from Kanter's camp in fact.

Tony in akron:

to me Valanciunas would be a terrific fit in cleveland next to Irving. he could play in a similar role like Tyson Chandler did in New Orleans. your thoughts?

Jonathan Givony:

I agree 100%. Irving is the best pick and roll facilitator in this draft, and Valanciunas is the best pick and roll finisher. They could be a phenomenal duo.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?chat_topics_id=1651#ixzz1NPByGCl5

And apparently there has been some progress with Valanciunas' buyout situation because the Lithuanian club he's signed with is going through a financial crisis. If that is true then its no surprise that the Cavs have Valanciunas higher on their board.

Edited by Dash

Lol Kanter is head and shoulders above every foreign player in this draft. Cavs gonna Cav.

Valanciunas was ranked as the top center prospect for most of the year but it wasn't until we learned of his buyout situation that his stock began to slip while Kanter's rose.