Source: Kevin McHale agrees to deal

More from Yahoo:

Memphis Grizzlies assistant coach Dave Joerger is expected to be a candidate to become McHale’s top assistant, sources said.

Nothing surprising but Woj has confirmed that Finch will be on the Rockets bench.

The Rockets will have a great deal of input into McHale’s coaching staff – and perhaps even style of play – sources said. McHale’s coaching staff will include the promotion of Houston’s D-League coach, Chris Finch of Rio Grande Valley, into a prominent position on McHale’s bench.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-mchalerockets052711

I'm still very surprised that they decided to go with McHale. He's just not the best choice here. In all honesty, I thought that they should have gone after Dwyane Casey or Frank Vogel but they decided to go this route and I think in the next couple years they will regret it.

I'm still very surprised that they decided to go with McHale. He's just not the best choice here. In all honesty, I thought that they should have gone after Dwyane Casey or Frank Vogel but they decided to go this route and I think in the next couple years they will regret it.

Nah I like this hiring. Casey is the better coach but McHale is a players coach and will a huge help for the development of our bigs. Finch is taking over in 3 years anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Frank Vogel? Eh.

Nah I like this hiring. Casey is the better coach but McHale is a players coach and will a huge help for the development of our bigs. Finch is taking over in 3 years anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Frank Vogel? Eh.

Yeah man, what would you think of Vogel if he had been hired? I know he had an interview there.

sam_amick Sam Amick

Houston guard Kevin Martin via text message on hiring of Kevin McHale: "We just found a big piece to our puzzle. Now I can go back to my

"...summer workouts and rest peacefully at night knowing we have a great coach that will elevate everyone's game and help us build a..." Final Martin: "..championship caliber team!"

sam_amick Sam Amick

Martin on whether he had chance 2 weigh in on coaching finalists,"All I will say is that me and Daryl have a great speaking relationship "

That second quote makes me think Martin might here for the long haul.

Sportsguy33: On McHale/Houston:

1)Minny guys loved playing for him (ask @kevinlove)

2) C's were hiring him in 2010 if Doc left

3) Great with young bigs

Loving this hire more by the minute.

Ya I have the same feeling, not very excited about him being the head coach but at the same time not the worst situation or choice. He is a players coach, he seems to have a very upbeat personality but just wasn't my preference as a fan.

I think the players will be pleased by the selection.