Fredette Not a Good Fit for Pacers?

Pacers beat writer Mike Wells suggests that Jimmer Fredette may not be a good fit with the team when they select at no. 15 in the upcoming NBA draft.

Wells notes that the Pacers have had enough prospects in recent times that can't play defense, and although Fredette is clearly NBA-ready, he may not fit with the team's current blueprint. He suggests that Tristan Thompson is a much better fit considering he's a tall, athletic shot blocker, and we agree that the latter would look better with the Pacers if both are still available when they pick.

rotoworld

Well, I mean I guess I can see his point, but I don't really think we need an athletic big this early in the draft. We can get a decent one with our pick early in the second round. We don't have a knock-down shooter, especially with Dunleavy leaving via free agency, so why not just bring in Fredette who would be the best shooter we've had since Reggie. Sorry, but I think Jimmer is the perfect fit for us right now.

Thoughts?

At 15 he would be a good pick, depending on what his role would be. If they view him in a Jason Terry type role, then go for it. If they just want a shooter, then go with Thompson or Donatas or Morris or even Hamilton.

Shooting is easy to replace. They can use their 2nd round pick and draft Andrew Goudelock or get a shooter via FA like Jason Kapono.