Kanter Compared to Al Horford?

ESPN's Fran Fraschilla compares Enes Kanter's upside to Al Horford.

At 6'11 1/2 and 260 pounds, Kanter has the same kind of mid-range jumper that Horford has. "Similar body type. Similar physicality. Enes is far more advanced from the perimeter than Al was coming out of Florida, but a similar type of ceiling," Fraschilla said. Kanter has potential to have an instant impact.

rotoworld

Kanter is a great comparison to Al Horford. Seriously, this guy has a great post game, but also has a good face up game and can hit the mid-range shot. I'm looking forward to seeing who picks him up. He's looking more and more like a good fit for the Wolves to me.

Thoughts?

I agree he reminds me of a mixture of Al Horford and Luis Scola.He has the motor and all around game of Horford and post game of Scola. If the Twolves were to pick him I think he would be a nice fit. He can take alot of pressure of off Love on the glass and take some of the scoring load. If Minnesota takes him they would have one of the best up and coming starting 5 in the league. Rubio, Johnson, Beasley, Love, and Kanter give them 3 years together they can possible be were OKC is today.

• Owner

Posted this over at TLN...

I actually wasn't going to get into this yet (because I'm wanting to write a draft article), but I'll go ahead and talk about Kanter's game.

In recent evaluations and workouts, they have talked about his lack of defensive skills and offensive awareness, IQ and skills. Specifically, on defense, he doesn't bend his knees in the paint, is caught multiple times with his hands down at his sides, and he rarely boxes out. Back on offense, he doesn't have the footwork Yao did when he came into the league, and most of his offense is produced by him just using his frame/size, which is a BAD thing.

The offensive woes, the way he actually gets his points...it reminds me of Kosta Koufos, who is a legitimate body down low, nothing to offer in the post but size.

Another problem is the fact that he didn't play any college ball, hasn't really played anywhere competitive, and these workouts aren't against top-notch NBA players he'll be seeing night in and night out.

If we were to get that #2 for Gasol, I would have to see Kevin Love included, which won't happen because the Wolves aren't that ignorant. From what I've seen of Kanter, and from all of the reports coming from his most recent workouts, he's a huge, huge risk...and people said the same exact thing about Kosta Koufos.

I think the thing most are impressed with would be his size, but even his wingspan comes up short when compared to other talent recently drafted that are his height. I'd say it's mostly the seven-foot aspect, and the fact that he's around 260...same as Koufos.

That worries the hell out of me. I believe we could do much better if we're dealing Gasol.

I honestly don't believe the hype.