Mike Tyson Inducted To The Boxing HOF

• Owner

I got to watch him, live, when he was killing guys. I didn't get to see too many of his fights live, but what I did watch was enough to tell me he was easily one of the greatest of all-time. If you consider just the power of his punch, nobody had a better uppercut, jab or hook...well, anything he threw.

Also saw Buster Douglas KO him, Tyson's first loss. Fun fact about Buster...

After high school, Douglas played basketball for the Coffeyville Community College Red Ravens in Coffeyville, Kansas from 1977-1978 where the seventeen year old was a 6 feet 0 inch Power forward. He is in the Coffeyville Red Ravens Men's Basketball Hall of Fame.

:D

Iron Mike is a boxing god, though. The drugs and jail time, and the media, basically killed his career.

Eh. Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali. Unlike Mike, they were more than just power like Tyson was.

Definitely. Mike was a great boxer, I was a big fan when I was younger (I woke up in the middle of the night to watch him live on TV) but I certainly don't think he's the greatest either. First because he definitely lacked of competition, I mean the greatest boxers of All Time, like the one you mentioned plus boxers like Rocky Marciano, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, etc... I'm sure he wouldn't have dominated like that in that time. Especially like, as you said, they were not "all about power" like Tyson.

For me the greatest ever is and will always will be Cassius Clay AKA Muhammad Ali. No doubt about it.

Although Mike is definitely ONE of the greatest, no boxer today is even close to what he was, and it's definitely well deserved.

Some of his greatest knockouts :