Is this racist?

reno

You order chinese food, you see none of the cooks are from china, so you walk out.Same thing with german food, if I can tell the cooks are obviously not of german descent, I leave. Does anyone else do this? Is this considered to be racist?

You order chinese food, you see none of the cooks are from china, so you walk out.Same thing with german food, if I can tell the cooks are obviously not of german descent, I leave. Does anyone else do this? Is this considered to be racist?

How can you be sure if the cooks are German? You always ask them? And what if the cooks' grandparents were German?

• Owner

Are you wanting a Chinese cook to spit in your food to make it more "authentic" or something?

Chinese food is food. There are American chefs that cook Chinese better than anyone else. It's in the preparation and the food itself.

It's true that most Americans can't cook Chinese as well, but that doesn't mean all of them have that problem...it just means that they are using their own preference. Taco Bell doesn't make an attempt to be an authentic Mexican restaurant. You just have to go to a place that makes the attempt, and see what comes out of it.

• Owner

you can't get real chinese food at a fast food place in america anyway

Not true. I have a Chinese "fast food" here in my hometown, called The Great Wall. The owners (I know their kids) are from Wuhan (I think that's how it's spelled), and they open the place up for nine months in the year. They actually have two hired Americans, both in their 20's, but they have actually taught them how to cook the food.

Not true. I have a Chinese "fast food" here in my hometown, called The Great Wall. The owners (I know their kids) are from Wuhan (I think that's how it's spelled), and they open the place up for nine months in the year. They actually have two hired Americans, both in their 20's, but they have actually taught them how to cook the food.

and its not the greasy stuff, its legitimate chinese food? i'll be damned :o

• Owner

and its not the greasy stuff, its legitimate chinese food? i'll be damned :o

Yes, lol. We actually have two places (my girlfriend just informed me of this a minute ago). Hong Kong Delight is the other, owned by another family that has a daughter she went to school with, but we're thinking they may have moved back home. It's been closed for two months...although, that's basically the same thing that happens with Great Wall, and then it re-opens for business.

Are you wanting a Chinese cook to spit in your food to make it more "authentic" or something?

Chinese food is food. There are American chefs that cook Chinese better than anyone else. It's in the preparation and the food itself.

It's true that most Americans can't cook Chinese as well, but that doesn't mean all of them have that problem...it just means that they are using their own preference. Taco Bell doesn't make an attempt to be an authentic Mexican restaurant. You just have to go to a place that makes the attempt, and see what comes out of it.

This.

Honestly that is one of the dumbest things i have ever read.

I don't really care, as long as the food is good. I can go to cheesecake factory and get some good Italian food, or I can go to a really small restaurant by my house owned by 4 Italians who also have a restaurant in Italy, its really the same to me because the food is good in both places.

I don't care at all, as long as the food is good. I've seen hispanics cooking up chinese or vietnamese food at those restaurants, and it sure as hell makes no difference in taste and whatnot.

We have a local pizza parlor here in my hometown run by an Asian family. The pizza is delicious just like I've experienced at say...Pizza Hut.