Green Room Attendees Announced

Built Ford Tough

This year's invitees to the June 23 draft:

Kyrie Irving (Duke); Derrick Williams (Arizona); Enes Kanter (Turkey); Brandon Knight (Kentucky); Kemba Walker (UConn); Jonas Valanciunas (Lithuania); Jan Vesely (Czech Republic); Kawhi Leonard (San Diego St.); Chris Singleton (Florida St.); Klay Thompson (Washington St.); Tristan Thompson (Texas); Jimmer Fredette (BYU); Marcus Morris (Kansas); and Alec Burks (Colorado).

A 15th name has been added -- Markieff Morris of Kansas. Markieff is Marcus Morris' twin and also widely considered to be a top 20 draft pick.

The only conspicuous name left off the list is Bismack Biyombo from Congo. Several others, including USC's Nikola Vucevic; Providence's Marshon Brooks; and Texas' Jordan Hamilton have an outside shot of cracking the lottery as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6675909

Kind of surprised to see that Bioymbo wasn't invited to the Green Room considering his name has been mentioned as high as 5. I would've thought he would be invited over somebody like Thompson (Klay) or even Singleton.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him slip to the 20 range considering how raw he is.

• Owner

MAAAANN...they should remove Singleton and put in Markieff Morris. He could go to Houston or Phoenix, who knows? Put him in there with his damn brother, Marcus...that would be awesome.

It says a lot about how much Biyombo's stock has dropped. He still has a good shot of going in the lottery (Houston should definitely be giving him a look) but also has the same chance of falling all the way down to 20. Makes sense that the NBA would add prospects with more steady stock to the list in hopes of avoiding a Darrell Arthur 2.0.

If the Jazz take Knight, I could see Singleton going to them at #12.

MAAAANN...they should remove Singleton and put in Markieff Morris. He could go to Houston or Phoenix, who knows? Put him in there with his damn brother, Marcus...that would be awesome.

He will be there regardless, so I imagine they figured they might as well just invite somebody else. He would be sitting with Marcus Morris anyways, so this is just there way to have 15 players in the Green Room instead of the usual 14.

Edited by Built Ford Tough
  • Like 1

NO.

• Owner

He will be there regardless, so I imagine they figured they might as well just invite somebody else. He would be sitting with Marcus Morris anyways, so this is just there way to have 15 players in the Green Room instead of the usual 14.

Haha, didn't think about that. Good point.

NO.

Hater. Just because of this, I hope the Rockets blow their lotto pick on Kyle Singler.