ABL's 2011 Mock Draft

AboveLegit

Yeah I'm not even entirely impressed with him, I just figured he'd help the Cats a ton with his scoring.

Well if they're going to take a scorer that high it should be Alec Burks or Klay Thompson. I prefer the idea of taking Marcus Morris 9th and then scooping up one of Jordan Hamilton or Marshon Brooks with their next pick though.

Very interesting, I'm actually really curious as to who the Knicks would take if Montiejunas, Shumpert, Jimmer, and Faried were all available when we pick.

Not a fan of Faried in New York, it would just force Amare to play more center.. There's really no point in looking for a center in this draft unless Valanciunas magically falls to you guys, Vucevic isn't athletic enough to play in Dantoni's system, and he's really not a good fit next to Amare.

Not a fan of Faried in New York, it would just force Amare to play more center.. There's really no point in looking for a center in this draft unless Valanciunas magically falls to you guys, Vucevic isn't athletic enough to play in Dantoni's system, and he's really not a good fit next to Amare.

What if Biyombo falls and/or we trade up?

Well if they're going to take a scorer that high it should be Alec Burks or Klay Thompson. I prefer the idea of taking Marcus Morris 9th and then scooping up one of Jordan Hamilton or Marshon Brooks with their next pick though.

I like Alec Burks, but he's a terrible three point shooter.

I like Jordan Hamilton over Klay Thompson because while both of them are very similar players (not great athletes, good scorers), Hamilton is bigger and is a better rebounder. I think they're better off getting a major need early (wing scorer), and then focusing on rebounding and defense with their 19th pick.

What if Biyombo falls and/or we trade up?

In that case, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Not sure about others, but I'm absolutely thrilled about seeing Biyombo in the league next season. He's the one exception I have for Amare playing center because I think he's a true game changer on the defensive end. He plays with so much passion and intensity, but is also a very smart player that will pick up the nuances of todays NBA rather quickly.