Is this draft really that bad?

Dash

In terms of potential superstars, it is terrible but there are a lot of guys in this draft that could make very good role players. Morey apparently really likes this draft and is searching for a third first round pick.

dmorey Daryl Morey

Our rankings have 22 1st round quality players in the draft. Normal range is 15-19.

It's not necessarily a bad draft but it's definitely not a good draft either. None of the players in it will be franchise changing like LeBron or Carmelo were. However, there's a good amount of players here that will be good role players and starters or borderline starters on some teams.

Pure role players, we'll be lucky if there is even a single perennial all star in Kyrie. It is a nice draft if you aren't near the top of the lotto, because from 5-15 it's a crap shoot it feels like, but when you are top 5, you want franchise cornerstones, but there just aren't any.

It could have been a decent draft, but when guys like Sullinger, etc dropped out it got worse.

I'm more looking forward to seeing what trades will happen.

It could have been a decent draft, but when guys like Sullinger, etc dropped out it got worse.

I'm more looking forward to seeing what trades will happen.

Well if guys like Sullinger and Barnes would have came out it would have been a really solid draft class. Now next year's will just be that much better.

(which is why I really hope the Bucks suck this year)