Z to return to Heat

Ex #Cavs center Zydrunas Ilgauskas exercized his player option for next season with Heat today.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/pdcavsinsider

Very interesting...gotta admire that will to keep playing to get that ring. In a dream scenario (for me), the Cavs trade for him and he can end his storied career in a Cavs uniform.

Another thing...people REALLY underrated his value last year. He never played in the finals, and I don't get why. He could take Chandler and Haywood out of the paint with his jumper...would've given the Heat a different look.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

He needs to buy some more suits.

ye he better not be on the court...and probably wont be lets be real lol, but having him as a back up still isn't a bad thing..7 footer that can randomly get hot with his jumpshot

magloire is in great shape (for his age) but he can't really do a whole lot

Edited by Clutch

Another thing...people REALLY underrated his value last year. He never played in the finals, and I don't get why. He could take Chandler and Haywood out of the paint with his jumper...would've given the Heat a different look.

Dallas wouldn't care enough to guard him. Would rather have him shooting than Wade or James..

Still though, no matter how old he is now, he can still hit that jumper...why not have 5 mid-range shooters on the floor w/Haslem, James, Wade, and Chalmers?

He's not a streaky shooter, we saw him knock down threes as a Cav last year.

Dallas did it with Dirk at center.

I'm not saying he should've been starting, but isn't it something you should at least have tried?

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

He started over half the games last year AND started in some playoff games....if he's a scrub, then that's pretty decent.

Yeah, and then he got benched when the games mattered the most and didn't even dress in the Finals :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Still though, no matter how old he is now, he can still hit that jumper...why not have 5 mid-range shooters on the floor w/Haslem, James, Wade, and Chalmers?

He's not a streaky shooter, we saw him knock down threes as a Cav last year.

Dallas did it with Dirk at center.

I'm not saying he should've been starting, but isn't it something you should at least have tried?

You realize that one of Miami's biggest concerns was their inability to stop Dirk right? And who was on him most of the series? Haslem and Anthony. Having Big Z out there sitting on the perimeter will not solve their defensive issues. The dude is a scrub now, plain and simple.

And they lost in the finals...partly because Tyson Chandler outplayed Anthony and the other Heat centers...

You are an idiot if you think playing Z would've helped the Heat do anything but lose that series faster.

The guy sucks. Plain and simple. The fact that literally everybody in this thread, Heat fan, Wizard fan or Rocket fan is saying the exact same thing, and the only person saying otherwise is the giant homer, should tell you something.

I don't blame him. He is getting paid to sit on the bench, and he gets to travel with the team and enjoy Miami. He also gets the chance to win a ring while he sits on the bench, its really the perfect job if you think about it. Beats retiring and sitting at home all day doing nothing.