Marshon Brooks

Can Marshon Brooks bring an offense spark to a pathetic NBA franchise?

Being a pathetic franchise is almost completely behind us, I'd say. It's probably just a couple of bad contracts that connect us to that disastrous time period, but outside of that we appear to be on a much different path now.

As for MarShon, the reason he fell so far may have been due to his maturity, so as long as he doesn't go down the roads of the CD-R's and T-Will's, that's taking a big first step for both himself and the team. The Deron-MarShon back court has been an interesting thought for over a month now. MarShon is looking forward to playing alongside D-Will (I mean, who shouldn't be). The combination has potential to be very successful since Brooks should obviously be given a consistent role (contrary to his later days at Providence), one that suits him. Plus, he has known Ammo for a long time now, and hopefully they compete against each other for the starting job in a way that helps them both. I think Ammo off the bench is ideal, considering his game isn't very rounded, but he has great value off the bench in a role similar to Kyle Korver's.

You don't make the NBA Finals twice in the past decade and are a "pathetic" franchise. That said, I'm not sure if Marshon Brooks will make much of an impact during his rookie season but he's an excellent addition at the 25th pick and gives Deron Williams another option besides Lopez and Morrow down the road.

Lmao @ pathetic franchise. We have way more pieces to rebuild with than the scrub ass Rockets.

I am offended.

Edited by Dash

He's too ball dominant, my expectations aren't as high as others. It's going to take a while for him to get used to his role, he won't be isolating on every play, he'll have to adapt to playing alongside a great PG like Deron. He desperately needs to work on playing off the ball if he wants to be a productive starter in this league.