2011 Pick #1: Cleveland Cavaliers

Real Deal

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Williams. I think he is the best player in this draft. Irving was injured all last year and when I did watch him I thought that Nolan Smith outperformed him.

• Like 1

I think Kyrie is the best player in the draft. I'm not too sure about the most NBA-ready but I do think he's up there in terms of potential.

Plus, next year's (2012) draft class, I wouldn't imagine there would be a PG as good as Kyrie for them to choose so it's really hard for them to pass on him. I'd much prefer Kyrie Irving and someone like Harrison Barnes than Derrick Williams and Marquis Teague.

I don't see all the hype around Kyrie Irving, the guy played like 20 games in college who is to say he's any better of a player than Derrick Williams here? I think in a PG loaded draft you have to go with Derrick Williams here. Williams has superstar potential from the 3, the Cavs can always find a PG guys like Derrick Williams don't come around often. With Brandon Knight possibly available at 4 it's a no-brainer to me, Williams all the way.

I don't see all the hype around Kyrie Irving, the guy played like 20 games in college who is to say he's any better of a player than Derrick Williams here? I think in a PG loaded draft you have to go with Derrick Williams here. Williams has superstar potential from the 3, the Cavs can always find a PG guys like Derrick Williams don't come around often. With Brandon Knight possibly available at 4 it's a no-brainer to me, Williams all the way.

Brandon Knight is not near the prospect Kyrie is.

There are way more opportunities to get a SF/PF in next years draft, not many PG's that measure up to Kyrie's potential.

Brandon Knight is not near the prospect Kyrie is.

There are way more opportunities to get a SF/PF in next years draft, not many PG's that measure up to Kyrie's potential.

Really? How are you basing Kyrie being a better PG prospect off of 20 games in college? If anything Knight should be the one with the hype he actually did something in college. Yes you can grab sf/pf next draft but 4 of the first 9 picks of this draft were PG's.

Really? How are you basing Kyrie being a better PG prospect off of 20 games in college? If anything Knight should be the one with the hype he actually did something in college. Yes you can grab sf/pf next draft but 4 of the first 9 picks of this draft were PG's.

How could you base LeBron, Kobe, KG, Amare, Dwight as prospects off of 0 games in college?

How could you base LeBron, Kobe, KG, Amare, Dwight as prospects off of 0 games in college?

Point guards lot tougher to project plus plenty of guys with no college experience also failed so that argument is dumb. Just saying I don't know how everyone feels like they know what Kyrie Irving is going to be when they have only seen him play 20 games vs players with similar talent level. I still think Knight is just as good a prospect.

Point guards lot tougher to project plus plenty of guys with no college experience also failed so that argument is dumb. Just saying I don't know how everyone feels like they know what Kyrie Irving is going to be when they have only seen him play 20 games vs players with similar talent level. I still think Knight is just as good a prospect.

And there are a ton of guys who tore up in college (ex: Adam Morrison), who failed in the league, so therefore that argument is also dumb. And people are saying Kyrie has the highest upside based on the games he played in because he tore up. Obviously nobody knows for sure. Only time will tell.

And there are a ton of guys who tore up in college (ex: Adam Morrison), who failed in the league, so therefore that argument is also dumb. And people are saying Kyrie has the highest upside based on the games he played in because he tore up. Obviously nobody knows for sure. Only time will tell.

Exactly, nobody knows for sure, so why not take Williams #1 because he is much better than anyone else you are looking at with #4 and then take your chances with Brandon Knight.

Because when he did play, he was amazing. Brandon Knight is a less talented version of Gilbert Arenas, he won't be able to score like Gil did, and he's not a great passer. Kyrie was one of the more efficient players in the NCAA, he's extremely smart, has great range on his shot, and his court vision is above average.... all of which will translate to the NBA.

Because when he did play, he was amazing. Brandon Knight is a less talented version of Gilbert Arenas, he won't be able to score like Gil did, and he's not a great passer. Kyrie was one of the more efficient players in the NCAA, he's extremely smart, has great range on his shot, and his court vision is above average.... all of which will translate to the NBA.

Yeah, you got that all from the 11 games you saw Kyrie play? Okay.

It's not like Irving was unknown. He was one of the top high school players and could have been a top 10 pick right out of HS. He was always considered a top talent and still probably would have been a top pick even if the other top players had declared. When he did play he was the best player on the floor.

Williams is talented as well but has more question marks than Irving. Is he a 3 or a 4? His skills may be better suited to play PF but he'd be undersized. Even though he played inside in college, and as athletic as he was, he wasn't much of a paint protector. Move him at SF does he have the perimeter skills?

It's the same debate people had in 2008. Rose or Beasley. The same concerns on the court that plagued Beasley plague Williams. Assuming Irving is completely healed, he's the better choice at this pick.

Pretty much, and apparently I'm not alone.

You guys are better than me, maybe you should get a job doing this if you can make such a great judgment on a player in 10 games.

• Owner

I'll go ahead and end this one...big win for Irving (who I voted for). Basically, I'm looking for the most potential, at a more important position in the league, and that's Irving. Williams is the better player right now, in my opinion, but I just can't pass on Kyrie.