You're the Warriors' GM, and you're trading Monta Ellis...

• Owner

List all of the players you'd consider dealing Ellis for, from each team below (copy and paste).

Ex. if you would do it for LeBron (even though Miami wouldn't), list him anyway, even if salaries don't match (hey, you're a GM...you could always put one together, right?)...

Atlanta Hawks:

Boston Celtics:

Charlotte Bobcats:

Chicago Bulls:

Cleveland Cavaliers:

Dallas Mavericks:

Denver Nuggets:

Detroit Pistons:

Houston Rockets:

Indiana Pacers:

Los Angeles Clippers:

Los Angeles Lakers:

Memphis Grizzlies:

Miami Heat:

Milwaukee Bucks:

Minnesota Timberwolves:

New Jersey Nets:

New Orleans Hornets:

New York Knicks:

Oklahoma City Thunder:

Orlando Magic:

Philadelphia 76ers:

Phoenix Suns:

Portland Trail Blazers:

Sacramento Kings:

San Antonio Spurs:

Toronto Raptors:

Utah Jazz:

Washington Wizards:

• Owner

This is too easy. Obviously people are gonna put each team's best player. And can it be for more than 1 player?

The salary must match. And the other side has to ok. Start the mock already!

:-)

Yes, multiple players for each team. And no, salaries don't have to match. It's basically asking what players you'd trade Ellis for.

If I'm Golden State, one I'd consider is Pau Gasol...but, of course, I'd have to add another contract. That's not the question...but Gasol would be on the list of players I'd trade Ellis for, regardless.

It is in fact easy. You're making it difficult.

Didn't go for best player but what would have made the most sense if the teams were actually having discussions.

Atlanta Hawks: Josh Smith / Al Horford

Boston Celtics: Kevin Garnett's expiring

Charlotte Bobcats: Bismack Biyombo

Chicago Bulls: Joakim Noah

Cleveland Cavaliers: 2012 first round pick

Dallas Mavericks: Tyson Chandler

Denver Nuggets: Nene / Gallinari

Detroit Pistons: Greg Monroe

Houston Rockets: Patrick Patterson / Kevin Martin

Indiana Pacers: Danny Granger

Los Angeles Clippers: Eric Gordon

Los Angeles Lakers: Andrew Bynum / Pau Gasol

Memphis Grizzlies: Zach Randolph

Miami Heat: Chris Bosh

Milwaukee Bucks: Andrew Bogut

Minnesota Timberwolves: Derrick Williams

New Jersey Nets: Brook Lopez

New Orleans Hornets: Chris Paul

New York Knicks: Amar'e Stoudemire

Oklahoma City Thunder: Serge Ibaka / James Harden

Orlando Magic: Dwight Howard

Philadelphia 76ers: Andre Iguodala / Evan Turner

Phoenix Suns: Steve Nash??

Portland Trail Blazers: LaMarcus Aldridge

Sacramento Kings: DeMarcus Cousins

San Antonio Spurs: Tim Duncan

Toronto Raptors: Jonas Valanciunas

Utah Jazz: Enis Kanter / Derrick Favors

Washington Wizards: John Wall?

"I will include Monta Ellis in a deal for any of the following players:

(list your players)

Not too difficult to understand.

Just trying to understand this...

Basically, you want us to be a Warriors GM with our asset in the market being Monta right?

You're asking us to trade Monta while acting in the best interest of the Warriors (you have to if you're the team GM). Obviously, as the Warriors GM, we'd ask for the other team's best player... so it's no different than "Name best player on each team".

If I was the Warriors GM, I'd want to trade Reggie Jackson for LeBron James (we'd prefer not to use Monta to get LeBron)... but you said "even though Miami wouldn't" but hey "list him anyway, even if salaries don't match (hey, you're a GM...you could always put one together, right?"

You don't have to have Monta, even if you put one of their D-League players as our trading chip, we as "Warriors GMs" here would seek the maximum value in return: we want LeBron (if the trading partner is Miami). If Magic, Dwight Howard. If Hornets, CP3. If Lakers, Kobe Bryant. If Wolves, Kevin Love.

So really, it's no different than "Name best player on each team". Look at Dash's answer above, it's pretty much naming the best player on each team. Why go through all the hassle of "you're the Warriors GM, and you're trading Monta Ellis" when it's "Name best player on each team".

Is it me or is it you? lol

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

Didn't go for best player but what would have made the most sense if the teams were actually having discussions.

Atlanta Hawks: Josh Smith / Al Horford

Boston Celtics: Kevin Garnett's expiring

Charlotte Bobcats: Bismack Biyombo

Cleveland Cavaliers: 2012 first round pick

Dallas Mavericks: Tyson Chandler

Denver Nuggets: Nene / Gallinari

Detroit Pistons: Greg Monroe

Houston Rockets: Patrick Patterson / Kevin Martin

Los Angeles Clippers: Eric Gordon

Los Angeles Lakers: Andrew Bynum / Pau Gasol

Memphis Grizzlies: Zach Randolph

Miami Heat: Chris Bosh

Minnesota Timberwolves: Derrick Williams

New Jersey Nets: Brook Lopez

New York Knicks: Amar'e Stoudemire

Oklahoma City Thunder: Serge Ibaka / James Harden

Philadelphia 76ers: Andre Iguodala / Evan Turner

Phoenix Suns: Steve Nash??

Sacramento Kings: DeMarcus Cousins

San Antonio Spurs: Tim Duncan

Toronto Raptors: Jonas Valanciunas

Utah Jazz: Enis Kanter / Derrick Favors

Washington Wizards: John Wall?

Dash, you're acting as Warriors' GM. You want the best value in return. Why would you take Bosh over LeBron?? Eric Gordon over Blake?? Noah over Rose? Lopez over Williams? Aging Tim Duncan over still All Star Manu?

Remember, no salary rules. The other team doesn't have to like it either... :lol:

• Owner

Just trying to understand this...

Basically, you want us to be a Warriors GM with our asset in the market being Monta right?

You're asking us to trade Monta while acting in the best interest of the Warriors (you have to if you're the team GM). Obviously, as the Warriors GM, we'd ask for the other team's best player... so it's no different than "Name best player on each team".

If I was the Warriors GM, I'd want to trade Reggie Jackson for LeBron James (we'd prefer not to use Monta to get LeBron)... but you said "even though Miami wouldn't" but hey "list him anyway, even if salaries don't match (hey, you're a GM...you could always put one together, right?"

You don't have to have Monta, even if you put one of their D-League players as our trading chip, we as "Warriors GMs" here would seek the maximum value in return: we want LeBron (if the trading partner is Miami). If Magic, Dwight Howard. If Hornets, CP3. If Lakers, Kobe Bryant. If Wolves, Kevin Love.

So really, it's no different than "Name best player on each team". Look at Dash's answer above, it's pretty much naming the best player on each team. Why go through all the hassle of "you're the Warriors GM, and you're trading Monta Ellis" when it's "Name best player on each team".

Is it me or is it you? lol

What the [expletive] don't you understand?

Here, I'm Golden State's GM. I'm talking to the Lakers. I would trade Ellis for...

Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom

You say, "Huh? Nah, I wouldn't go that far...maybe just for Kobe and Drew."

So, hey, it looks like we aren't just naming the best player from each team...we're naming the players we would consider trading Ellis for, simple as that.

And, as far as salaries go, if you want a player, you make the salaries match by including fillers. The salaries are irrelevant when I'm asking the question.

WHAT PLAYERS, FROM EACH TEAM, WOULD YOU CONSIDER TRADING MONTA ELLIS FOR? Trading him for a package that featured Drew doesn't mean that Drew is the best player on the Lakers.

I'm done explaining. If you don't get it by now, move on.

Dash, you're acting as Warriors' GM. You want the best value in return. Why would you take Bosh over LeBron?? Eric Gordon over Blake?? Noah over Rose? Lopez over Williams? Aging Tim Duncan over still All Star Manu?

Remember, no salary rules. The other team doesn't have to like it either... :lol:

If I'm the general manager I know there is no chance the Nets let go of Deron Williams, but maybe I could lure away Brook Lopez.

• Owner

If I'm the general manager I know there is no chance the Nets let go of Deron Williams, but maybe I could lure away Brook Lopez.

Well, maybe. If Deron shows signs that he's not going to stick around (and some Nets fans are already putting that out there, for some reason...it's not too far away), there's always a chance, no matter the odds.

What the [expletive] don't you understand?

Here, I'm Golden State's GM. I'm talking to the Lakers. I would trade Ellis for...

Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom

You say, "Huh? Nah, I wouldn't go that far...maybe just for Kobe and Drew."

So, hey, it looks like we aren't just naming the best player from each team...we're naming the players we would consider trading Ellis for, simple as that.

And, as far as salaries go, if you want a player, you make the salaries match by including fillers. The salaries are irrelevant when I'm asking the question.

WHAT PLAYERS, FROM EACH TEAM, WOULD YOU CONSIDER TRADING MONTA ELLIS FOR? Trading him for a package that featured Drew doesn't mean that Drew is the best player on the Lakers.

I'm done explaining. If you don't get it by now, move on.

Still don't understand.

1.) You want us to be Warriors' GM as per title

2.) Then you want us to view from each of the other 29 teams' perspective "WHAT PLAYERS, FROM EACH TEAM, WOULD YOU CONSIDER TRADING MONTA ELLIS FOR?"

So you want us to be the Warriors GM as well as the opposing team's GM. I'm confused now.

If the Warriors continue their current style of play and eliminating what I think are untouchables...

Atlanta Hawks: Josh Smith

Boston Celtics: A package including Jeff Green and JaJuan Johnson

Charlotte Bobcats: A package including Bismack Biyombo and Dante Cunningham

Cleveland Cavaliers: Draft pick/s + Ramon Sessions/Anderson Varejao +/or Eyenga

Dallas Mavericks: Tyson Chandler + J.J Barea + DeShawn Stevenson

Denver Nuggets: Wilson Chandler + Kenneth Faried

Detroit Pistons: Rodney Stuckey + Austin Daye

Houston Rockets: A package including Patrick Patterson and Chase Budinger

Indiana Pacers: A package including Dahntay Jones + Roy Hibbert

Los Angeles Clippers: A package including DeAndre Jordan and Jamario Moon

Los Angeles Lakers: Lamar Odom

Memphis Grizzlies: O.J Mayo + Sam Young + Darrell Arthur

Miami Heat: No one (Big 3 considered untouchable)

Milwaukee Bucks: A package including Ilyasova and Dooling

Minnesota Timberwolves: Michael Beasley

New Jersey Nets: Kris Humphries + others

New Orleans Hornets: Trevor Ariza + others

New York Knicks: No one (Anthony and STAT untouchable)

Oklahoma City Thunder: Russell Westbrook

Orlando Magic: A package including Brandon Bass and Quentin Richardson

Philadelphia 76ers: Andre Iguodala

Phoenix Suns: A package including Jared Dudley and Channing Frye

Portland Trail Blazers: A package including Nicolas Batum

Sacramento Kings: Jimmer + others

San Antonio Spurs: Matt Bonner + Richard Jefferson + others

Toronto Raptors: Andrea Bargnani

Utah Jazz: C.J Miles + Paul Millsap

Washington Wizards: JaVale McGee

• Owner

Still don't understand.

1.) You want us to be Warriors' GM as per title

2.) Then you want us to view from each of the other 29 teams' perspective "WHAT PLAYERS, FROM EACH TEAM, WOULD YOU CONSIDER TRADING MONTA ELLIS FOR?"

So you want us to be the Warriors GM as well as the opposing team's GM. I'm confused now.

Are you high? Where did I say you should act as any other team's GM? The question I presented (that I had to post in caps for you), that has been consistent throughout every mindless post you've put in this topic, is based on you acting as the Warriors' GM, just as the title clearly points out.

Again, stop replying to the topic if you're on another planet. Go talk about the Nuggets, or how all of us should be rich, or something. Seriously.

• Owner

I'll go ahead and answer the topic.

If I'm Larry Riley, I'm putting Monta Ellis on the block for the following players:

Atlanta Hawks: Al Horford, Josh Smith

I'd add Johnson, but I'd rather have a big man, or a young player that can play defense.

Boston Celtics: Rajon Rondo

I doubt Boston even considers it, but I'm going to try and put together a package, nonetheless. I'd have to leave Curry out, though, which is why the deal would fall through.

Charlotte Bobcats: nobody

Chicago Bulls: Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah

I doubt they'd want to deal Rose (no reason to), but I'd go after Noah just to have a defensive anchor. Luol Deng...not really sure. I like how Josh Smith can defend three positions, and I think he runs the floor better, which is great for Curry. Deng is an excellent defender, but I could probably get more for Ellis.

Cleveland Cavaliers: nobody

I like Kyrie, but my focus is to build around Curry. I realize that Curry can play the two, but he's an undersized combo guard, so I need to keep him at the point.

Dallas Mavericks: nobody

Yeah, Dirk is amazing, but he's also 33 years old, and without a defensive anchor, I'm not quite sure that somehow stealing Dirk would be good for us, because at the end of the day, I don't think we'd have the goods to win it all, and if I'm Riley, I'm more focused on the future.

Denver Nuggets: nobody, unless it's a great package

Can't say I'd trade him to Denver for any single player, but a package of players would be nice.

Detroit Pistons: nobody

Brandon Knight and Rodney Stuckey are the only two that have any value, but that's assuming we don't have a PG. Monroe doesn't help us...we have David Lee scoring buckets and not playing defense, no reason to go that route twice.

Houston Rockets: nobody

Kevin Martin, Monta Ellis...I could argue that Monta is a better player. No point in doing that deal.

Granger needs a new team, and he plays defense. I wouldn't consider him a good first-option, but unlike Collison, Curry can get him the ball much easier, taking the load off of him a bit more.

LA Clippers: Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon

People will try and compare Griffin to Lee, but I believe Griffin will have a far better career, and he'll learn how to defend much better as he continues to develop and adjust. Gordon for Ellis is a no-brainer, for me.

LA Lakers: Andrew Bynum

Can't say Kobe and Gasol because of their age. Even though Drew has suffered through injuries, I'd risk it and take him as a legitimate defensive anchor...and he's also a true low post center.

Memphis Grizzlies: nobody

Gay's contract is too large, and even though I'm a fan of Marc Gasol, I'm not sure if he's that big of a defensive talent to anchor a Warriors team that doesn't defend anywhere else on the floor.

Miami Heat: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade

Won't happen, but I don't need to go into too much detail here: they are superstars in their prime, and guys you build around.

He's twice the defender Gasol is, just has trouble scoring the ball...but I can't pass him up.

Minnesota Timberwolves: Kevin Love, Derrick Williams

Most won't agree here, and I know Love doesn't play defense, but I'm taking him for the simple fact that he's too good of a rebounder, and he spreads the floor and has excellent passing skills. I also take the chance on Williams, and I would've done it for Irving if he wasn't a PG.

New Jersey Nets: Deron Williams

Yes, he's a PG, but he's also a borderline superstar PG (and that's considering the fact that I don't throw the word "superstar" around easily). If I could snag him, I'm heading in an entirely different direction, possibly looking for teams that like Curry.

See above.

New York Knicks: Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire

You'll find the Melo explanation in the Heat section. Amare gets the nod because I feel he would do very well with Curry. We'd still have defensive issues, but it's whatever...we'll just run and gun like the Suns used to.

Oklahoma City Thunder: Kevin Durant

Durant falls into the same boat as Wade and Melo. I didn't put Westbrook here not only because he's a PG, but also because I saw a different side of him last season, and his selfish attitude has to change before I consider trying to make him a huge piece of a rebuilding franchise.

Rumor has it that Golden State already made an offer for Dwight. Good job...no reason why they shouldn't.

Philadelphia Sixers: Andre Iguodala

He'd fit in better with Curry than Deng would. Considering Iggy (like I did Josh Smith) almost makes me want to go back and add Luol to the Bulls list...tough call for me.

Phoenix Suns: nobody

He's not a superstar, but he's young, big, and too good not to consider.

Sacramento Kings: nobody

Tyreke Evans is a good player, but I'd rather keep Monta.

San Antonio Spurs: nobody

Toronto Raptors: nobody

Utah Jazz: Al Jefferson

Consider him in the same boat as LaMarcus Aldridge.

Washington Wizards: John Wall

He's a PG, but again, there's far too much potential there. If this was the summer of 2010, I would probably have the same stance with Wall as I do with Irving right now, but Wall will be an all-star, and if he follows the same path as D-Rose, a superstar.

Giving Monta alot of respect I see, Brandon lol. I would take Ellis over Kevin Martin anyday, same with Tyreke Evans. Don't know if I would do the Bogut deal though. For some reason, I don't find him that good of a player that many people make him out to be. Maybe I haven't watched enough of him.

Now? Sure seems like you've been confused from the start.

This part confuses me:

Ex. if you would do it for LeBron (even though Miami wouldn't), list him anyway, even if salaries don't match (hey, you're a GM...you could always put one together, right?)...

Given that rule, why would you not take each team's best player? Then Dash took Gordon over Blake from Clippers, Lopez over Williams from Nets confused me even more.

Okay my list:

Atlanta Hawks: Al Horford

Charlotte Bobcats: none

Chicago Bulls: Derrick Rose

Cleveland Cavaliers: Kyrie Irving

Dallas Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzki

Denver Nuggets: Danilo Gallinari or Ty Lawson

Detroit Pistons: Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe

Houston Rockets: none

Los Angeles Clippers: Blake Griffin

Los Angeles Lakers: Kobe Bryant

Memphis Grizzlies: Zach Randoplh

Miami Heat: LeBron James

Minnesota Timberwolves: Kevin Love

New York Knicks: Amare Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony

Philadelphia 76ers: Jrue Holiday and Marresse Speights

Phoenix Suns: none

Sacramento Kings: Tyreke Evans

San Antonio Spurs: Manu Ginobili

Toronto Raptors: Andrea Bargnani and Demar DeRozan

Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter

• Owner

Giving Monta alot of respect I see, Brandon lol. I would take Ellis over Kevin Martin anyday, same with Tyreke Evans. Don't know if I would do the Bogut deal though. For some reason, I don't find him that good of a player that many people make him out to be. Maybe I haven't watched enough of him.

Well, Kevin Martin really doesn't offer much more (if any more) at that position, in my opinion. I actually think Ellis defends better.

Evans...it's really hard to say. I'm not sure how well he'd work with Curry, and most of what I put is assuming that I'd keep Curry (because, if I were the GM, I'd want to).

• Owner

This part confuses me:

Given that rule, why would you not take each team's best player? Then Dash took Gordon over Blake from Clippers, Lopez over Williams from Nets confused me even more.

Okay my list:

Atlanta Hawks: Al Horford

Charlotte Bobcats: none

Chicago Bulls: Derrick Rose

Cleveland Cavaliers: Kyrie Irving

Dallas Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzki

Denver Nuggets: Danilo Gallinari or Ty Lawson

Detroit Pistons: Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe

Houston Rockets: none

Los Angeles Clippers: Blake Griffin

Los Angeles Lakers: Kobe Bryant

Memphis Grizzlies: Zach Randoplh

Miami Heat: LeBron James

Minnesota Timberwolves: Kevin Love

New York Knicks: Amare Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony

Philadelphia 76ers: Jrue Holiday and Marresse Speights

Phoenix Suns: none

Sacramento Kings: Tyreke Evans

San Antonio Spurs: Manu Ginobili

Toronto Raptors: Andrea Bargnani and Demar DeRozan

Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter

See, you put out a list that didn't include every team's best player. Jefferson is Utah's best. You didn't list anyone for Phoenix. You listed two players for some teams.

It's not always going to be getting the best player off a team. Nash is the best in a Suns jersey, but why would you want to trade a young Ellis for anyone on the Phoenix Suns?