What free agents should the Wizards look into?

• Owner

Gotta love cap space. The Wizards would have a TON of it if it wasn't for Shard's ugly deal, but even with that on board, they are looking at a $40 million payroll.

Assuming the cap stays around last year's number (even $2-3 million lower), the Wizards have anywhere from $15-18 million to spend.

Of course, this is also assuming the CBA is very similar to the old one.

David West or Carl Landry? Andrei Kirilenko? Will Glen Davis stay in Boston?

JR Smith and Jamal Crawford are also nice options, especially if the Wizards don't match an offer for Nick Young (although I'm sure they will).

Could they use a big center? Sammy Dalembert and Earl Clark, maybe even Greg Oden, are out there. Nene is a free agent. Nenad Krstic could be available.

I doubt Dallas wants to let go of Chandler, as much as he would want to stay.

It's a pretty weak crop of FAs. The best ones are all restricted. I'd make offers to Gasol and Thad Young and force Memphis and Philly to match.

Otherwise I'd look at guys like Nene, West, Landry, Humphries, or Davis.

Another option would just to use their cap space to facilitate bringing in a big salary star. Maybe bring in a guy like Iggy or Ellis or Granger. Long shot but it seems team who make out best with cap space are the ones who use it for trade purposes. Look at Memphis with Randolph.

Maybe a few role players here and there, but that's about it. I just want to get the most potential out of these young guys before bringing in a star player that pushes us into the playoff picture. We can't afford to have stars on this team that takes away from the progression of Wall, McGee, Young, Crawford, and even Blatche.