Is Eric Bledsoe the future starting point guard for the Clippers?

• Owner

I realize he started a handful of games for the Clips last season, but not enough to really say he's going to be a big part of their future. Mo Williams has two years left on his deal (he'll more than likely take that player option), and Bledsoe has a team option exactly two years from now.

Do you think the Clippers will look to acquire another point guard, in hopes that they will find a legit starter, or are they crossing their fingers and hoping that Bledsoe develops into a legitimate starting point?

• 1 month later...

It's between Bledsloe and Aminu. Bledsoe van be a really good backup point guard, but he's got a big ego that gets in the way of things. And I think Kentucky and Calipari's system of letting the players do their thing, might have corrupted him. Especially as a point guard.

Aminu, on the other hand, has all the physical tools, but he's lost out on the court. He doesn't have the natural basketball instincts and he is four years away from contributing.

It's between Bledsloe and Aminu. Bledsoe van be a really good backup point guard, but he's got a big ego that gets in the way of things. And I think Kentucky and Calipari's system of letting the players do their thing, might have corrupted him. Especially as a point guard.

Aminu, on the other hand, has all the physical tools, but he's lost out on the court. He doesn't have the natural basketball instincts and he is four years away from contributing.

Aminu at PG?

Aminu at PG?

Yeah, Aminu's got some great tools, but does need a lot of refining. I dont think he'll be great but could be a pretty decent backup PG. I see Bledsoe eventually becoming a starting PG. Aminu will improve though. Anything he does on the court will be more than what Gomes did.

I'm a big believer in Bledsoe. I think his upside is huge. He really has the potential to be a Rondo/Tony Parker hybrid. Here's a cool tweet from Suns player Jared Dudley the other day:

"Just got done hoopin'!! We took the series, @EBled24 ran the show, His speed and athleticism was a problem .. His potential is scary!!!"